Where to Stay - B&B Recommendations Please

calmac

We are currently in the planning stage of a land tour in August 2009. We're still working on our actual route but know where we would like to visit. Our preference would be to stay in Inns or B&Bs and we would appreciate any recommendations you can give for the following locations:-

• 2 nights in or near Denali
  • 1 night in Talkeetna
  • 2 nights in Anchorage
  • 1 night at or near Matanuska Glacier

Thanks for your help.

We are planning to stay at Moose Gardens B&B in Anchorage and Denali Lakeview Inn near Denali. The owner at Moose Gardens sound nice. The Denali Lakeview Inn gets good reviews. Most B&Bs have good web sites and there is lots of info on the internet.

I highly recommend Touch of Wilderness in Healy. In Anchorage, I've stayed at several, I really like the Walkabout, which has free bikes and direct access to the Coastal Trail. I also like the Teddy Bear House and Chicadee due to their low prices. A car is necessary in my opinion.

In Talkeetna, I always stay at the Roadhouse, not for everyone, 1 shared spotless bath, and I ONLY get an upstairs room. Wonderful place.

There isn't much around Matanuska, I've stayed at Sheeps Mt. several years ago.

Denali Dome Bed & Breakfast in Healy. Great hosts, great breakfasts. 1st day we were there, left too early for the regular breakfast, but even their continental breakfast was big enough for me. Linens so soft that I actually broke down and bought some when I got home. Sent cookies to our room when we wanted to watch a video, AAA1

We are planning to stay at Moose Gardens B&B in Anchorage and Denali Lakeview Inn near Denali. The owner at Moose Gardens sound nice. The Denali Lakeview Inn gets good reviews. Most B&Bs have good web sites and there is lots of info on the internet.

I would have to also agree the Denali Lakeview is the place to stay around Denali. We stayed their two nights and it was beautiful. Kind of strange as you are driving up the driveway to it but the view from the back is great of the lake. Some have even seen a moose. We also stayed one night at a place in Heally called Norde Haven. It was very good also. Very clean and friendly staff. Try Rose's Cafe in Healy, they have great food and actually are pretty reasonably priced. Both inns are within a couple of miles of Roses. Norde Haven is within walking distance. They also will make sack lunches for you if you are going into the park the next day. (Denali Lakeview offers this too) Have a great time!:)

Archived