Oasis of the Seas Live: Float Out and Ship Tour

Dan Askin

Yes Champagne Tammy.. this is where Carolyn will post the news and pics as soon as she can..though she might need a wee drinkie to thaw out :D

You're right, she definately will need one!

I sad for a moment cause I have to go to the tire store. Guess when you get them to commit to replacing tires cause they messed up you have to show up....I'll be back later.

..........champagne will be chilled and ready by then too.

Be back in an hour to one and a half!!

........aaarrrrrgggggggggggghhhhh,,,got to take the dog to potty first...I need to hurry............

Thanks Dan for the pics :D

Hey Tammy...does this mean the party is on your balcony :D

Hey, I have to go but um,,, yes! Party on my balcony! Sure but you do realize it's not one of those incredible AquaSuite balconies. It's a Boardwalk all the way at the end on deck 9.

....ok, chat with you in a little, teeny, tiny bit...K?

Hi Carolyn

I bet Richard is wishing he could warm up like in this pic-

100_3251.jpg

I don't know about that Liz...it was pretty chilly that day too. :D Great photo!!!

Thanks for all the Oasis info....yet another fan here waiting impatiently for more. :)

Great....drumming fingernails on keyboard....drum drum...waiting...waiting :D

Drum no more (Again, photos courtesy of Simon Brooke-Webb, sbw-photo).

oasis_of_the_seas_keel2.jpg

The underside. It's completely flooded at this point!

oasis_of_the_seas_boardwalk2.jpg

The Boardwalk, with a conscipuous hexagonal portrusion. Any guesses? <wink>

oasis_of_the_seas_aft.jpg

It will be dark in Turku by now so dont think we will get much more today, I am sure STX yard will post there own video on their website of the floatout which will happen some time tomorrow.

By the way I am in Liz's picture of Richard on the flowrider, I am sat in the seating in the background, I have a cool picture of Steve Redgrave falling off :D

I am on the maiden cruise, but things could go wrong during construction between now and then, so I am not getting to excited until she leaves Turku next November :D

oasis11.jpg

Look what my 11 yr old son Nicholas noticed that I didn't earlier....you can see at the bottom middle of this picture the shadow of the person who took it. How's that for scale??

Alright Liz, I'm back from my tire change, took longer than I thought but will have to wait until later this evening to open the champagne. It's time to drive Nicholas to swim team practice.

Thanks for the photos Dan!!!!!!!!!

Wow thanks Dan...neat pics...worth the wait :D Would that hexagonal be for the Carousel by chance?

Tammy...well aint that typical..here we are the ones who study everything about Oasis and a youngster comes along and points out something we missed...geez kids eh :p..but well done Nicholas :D

She's alive!!!!

I am so excited. I have to wait until June 2010 to go on her, but it will be my first GS so I guess it's worth it.

I absolutely love all the pics you all have posted. It makes me feel like it is really going to happen.

I can't wait to hear back from all the CC members who are booked earlier than us. I want to know every little detail about every trip until it's my turn.

Lisa

Hi, Bild Em Bigger. I'm just now back from an incredible, awe-inspiring day at the shipyard and both RCI execs and shipyard execs made frequent references to the fact that the ship will be finished less than a year from now (sometime in November).

I have just sent a news item about the day to Dan -- he'll post it shortly. Also, have tons of photos (but those from Simon, who is Royal Caribbean's official photographer, are likely to be better, still there might be something fun to see) and will post those tomorrow. Have a fun video clip with Ken Rush as well.

Carolyn

It will be dark in Turku by now so dont think we will get much more today, I am sure STX yard will post there own video on their website of the floatout which will happen some time tomorrow.

By the way I am in Liz's picture of Richard on the flowrider, I am sat in the seating in the background, I have a cool picture of Steve Redgrave falling off :D

I am on the maiden cruise, but things could go wrong during construction between now and then, so I am not getting to excited until she leaves Turku next November :D

It is indeed at the end of the Boardwalk near the wall of windows/glass. There was a bit of a tease -- at the Aqua Theater end is a round -- raised platform -- and so a lot of people thought that was for the carousel but it's not. It's a bar.

Carolyn

Oh yes I think you are correct as the Carousel is at the other end of the BW near the wall of windows/glass.

LOL, Dan made me cut this part out of the news item but still thought it was useful!

"Once the relatively simple float-out ceremony, held at sunset on a frosty late autumn afternoon in southern Finland, was completed, and with valves loosened water rushing into the massive, 365 x 80 meter dry-dock, thoughts of shipyard executives were already wandering. Allure of the Seas, Oasis' sister ship, is already 15 percent complete and chunks of completed hull were scattered throughout STX Europe's vast yard, waiting to move into its home -- the dry-dock just about to be vacated by Oasis of the Seas.

"Indeed, once Oasis is towed out, the dock is drained, and blocks are set in position, Allure of the Seas will celebrate its own ceremony: the laying of the keel. That will take place within the next few weeks."

Carolyn

Archived