Happy Birthday Voyager!

GMoney

Voyager of the Seas set sail on her maiden voyage 9 years ago Friday, on 11/21/99.

There have been many ships since her, and plenty of hype around Freedom and Oasis, but Voyager will always be a special ship for me. She is the true innovation that made all of these other ships possible and truly changed cruising.

I remember all of the excitement building up as she was built, and hours spend pouring over the fancy poster and multi page full-color brochure in anticipation.

I remember all of the good times we had sailing her with family and friends in our 12 cruises on her, and getting to meet Capt Pettersen, who was always so gracious and the best captain ever. :)

Voyager is really the reason I got hooked on cruising. Happy Birthday Voyager!

Happy Birthday "Voyager of the Seas". We were on Her Innaugral Cruise and again out of Cape Liberty 3 years ago. She was still beautiful..She was Our First Voyager Class ship and We were awe struck when We boarded Her for the First time. We sail Explorer out of NJ 12/12. Love this Class of Ship. Have been on all of them so far except Adventurer& Oasis.

Archived