Jimmy Buffet's in Cozumel?

kg66

When we went to Jamaica on The Jewel in 2006, we stopped there and had a few "cocktails" at Jimmy's and had a blast. So much that somebody moved the pier on our way back.....:p So I was wondering is there a Margarittaville in Cozumel?

When we went to Jamaica on The Jewel in 2006, we stopped there and had a few "cocktails" at Jimmy's and had a blast. So much that somebody moved the pier on our way back.....:p So I was wondering is there a Margarittaville in Cozumel?

yes there is ..http://cozumel-mexico-vacation.com/margaritaville.html

we plan on trying carlos and charlies and senor frogs in cozumel, we have a local Margaritaville here in our town

Yep its a couple of blocks south of were you will dock. If you do a search there is a thread with pics and all.

Well there are a few docks in cozumel so depending on which one you're at it could be a far walk. We took a cab there and it only cost a few bucks. Well worth it. Also Carlos and Charlies is alot of fun! That is right across the street from one of the docks. Here's a few pics...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/siestakim/l_07fecc1544fe17bbd078fdbc2ce81850.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/siestakim/l_f875ccd0da97f1e166d30a2bcdbfaed1.jpg

I have only been to the one in Key West. Margaritaville in Cozumel has the reputation of not only having the most expensive margaritas on the island, but the worst. Some have claimed the worst in Mexico, others have said worst in the world. To their credit I have heard of them refunding money or no charge if you didn't/couldn't drink it.

Why go to an American franchise while in Mexico, to each their own. The one time I went to Jimmy's in Key West, who walked in, but Bill Clinton and made the rounds shaking hands. As stated, it is a couple of blocks south of the downtown cruise pier, at the southern edge of downtown.

I have only been to the one in Key West. Margaritaville in Cozumel has the reputation of not only having the most expensive margaritas on the island, but the worst. Some have claimed the worst in Mexico, others have said worst in the world. To their credit I have heard of them refunding money or no charge if you didn't/couldn't drink it.

Why go to an American franchise while in Mexico, to each their own. The one time I went to Jimmy's in Key West, who walked in, but Bill Clinton and made the rounds shaking hands. As stated, it is a couple of blocks south of the downtown cruise pier, at the southern edge of downtown.

To each their own, I say......

Just got back, our cabbie, knew right where it was, took us to a mall, and we walked a couple of blocks over. Thought it looked great, sat and ordered some conch fritters, one drink, non-alcholic drink for me, and my son wanted ice cream, but we talked him into a milkshake to get a souvenir shark cup. Milkshake came in regular glass, said they would knock off $1 since they dont have the shark cups. Woman came over with balloons, and made us balloon hats, and hung around for a tip. When my husband said we would get some change, she offered to make change, and had a wad of money and made change to get her tip. We've been to over 50 Buffett concerts, and never paid for a balloon hat??!!! The fresh guacamole cart looked cool, but we waited and waited for our fritters. Some girl shooting shots in your mouth kept coming over and we sent her away like 5 times, and finally, my husband got a shot. She poured one for me, even though I was still saying no, but she shook the bottle, to show me it was almost empty, so I took it. It tasted like punch. THEN, she told us we owe her $6 for the shots. We witnessed about 30 shots in Progresso at Buddys the previous day for nothing, so we were amazed that we now had to pay. We did, and asked our waiter for our check. Fritters never came, so we figured they sought us out since we only bought a couple of drinks. DH said his drink also tasted like there was no alcohol in it. We wished we would have stayed at Paradise Beach longer, there was no reason to go to the mall shopping area, and no reason to go to M-ville in CZM.

We've been there...November of 2007. It was the worst we've been too. I found them pushy with shots and the food wasn't great at all....not to mention the price! If you don't NEED to go there save yourself some time and money!

We've been there...November of 2007. It was the worst we've been too. I found them pushy with shots and the food wasn't great at all....not to mention the price! If you don't NEED to go there save yourself some time and money!

I was there last year, myself. I was also there in April and September of this year and had a blast each time I was there.

It was a bit on the warm side in September but there were plenty of cold cocktails to keep me from overheating...

I've been to a number of Margaritavilles and this is one of the better ones. It's not MoBay but then none of them are!!!

:)

Archived