Handicapped passenger boarding

PIR8LUVR

Hi! I will be traveling with a party of 8 on Majesty on Dec. 8th. My parents and I are platinum members, so we have priority boarding. We are traveling with first time cruisers, one of whom is in a wheelchair. Does anyone know if handicapped passengers get priority boarding?

Thanks!

Normally the answer is Yes!

If you arrive early, before 11:00 am or so and processing/boarding has not started they will take the handicapped people to the front of the line.

If you arrive after boarding has started they will work the handicapped in as quickly as they can.

Normally the answer is Yes!

If you arrive early, before 11:00 am or so and processing/boarding has not started they will take the handicapped people to the front of the line.

If you arrive after boarding has started they will work the handicapped in as quickly as they can.

We traveled with my dad on Mariner a few weeks ago. He was in a wheelchair and we waited in the regular line to get into the building. Once inside, he was allowed to take anyone in his cabin (he was traveling alone though) and 2 people from another cabin with him to the front of the line. My husband and I went with him as my husband is the one who pushed the wheelchair.

To us, it wouldn't have made a lot of difference as we are Diamond Plus and my dad is Diamond. It is nice to know though that handicapped people are given priority when boarding. They are supposed to do that for debarkation, but the logistics don't work out that way. Too many others feel they need to get off early(ier) than anyone else and don't let the handicapped people through.

Enjoy your cruise.

Normally the person in a wheelchair and anyone traveling in the cabin with that person is allowed to priority board. Unfortunately, that means the rest of your party of 8 who are not platinum or diamond C&A or suite guests will not get the priority boarding. I've run into that before when traveling with family. My mom is in a wheelchair so her and my dad can get priority boarding. Hubby and I are diamond members so we also get it. Aunt and uncle . . . not. The lines weren't long so we all decided to get in the regular boarding line.

Archived