Over the door organizer

HALleluiah

Anyone know where to get one of those illustrious over the door shoe organizer thingies? What do they look like at the top? I'm referring to the actual part that goes over the door..... Plastic? Metal? I've used different sturdier styles at home and realize that they're not all created equal. Any suggestions? Who has used what? I need to get that purchased and packed! I'm just having a little trouble envisioning the getup in my room. I need all the organizational help I can get and this trip there will be three women in a cabin. Wowzers! Imagine all the "stuff!"

I purchased mine from Wal Mart. It has about 20 or so pockets. The cost was 12.00. I hang mine on the outside of the bathroom door. The one I have has metal (3) removable hangers on the top. It's a great way to keep all things in a tidy little pocket and not all over the stateroom or bathroom. I also purchased one that is a mesh hanger with about 15 side pockets and I hang that in the closet. It is great for not only shoes but for undies and socks and whatever you have that you want easy access to. Let's face it, the drawer space is limited in the staterooms and these little things, for me, make my space more enjoyable. I would encourage you to go get one or even both!:) Happy sailing!:)

I got mine at Walmart. It is white mesh and has about 24 pockets, and those pockets are actually double pockets, a large pocket with a smaller pocket outside of that. So, say, I put my toothpaste and toothbrush in the big pocket and the floss in the outer pocket. I think the maker is Main Stay. I forgot how much it was, but I think abour $10-$15. It has I think four metal roughly U-shaped brackets that fit over the top of the door frame, and we hang it on the inside of the bathroom door. It falls all the way to the floor and is VERY HANDY. I can imagine with three women and all their "stuff" you could really use this! It's been a lifesaver for us!

In May, they were $6.84 at the Wal-Mart. Cannot recall the (top) hanger material,

but there was no issue with the bathroom door closing. Well worth the money, particularly with several women's stuff. Have a great time!

I got one at the dollar store for of course, $1. It has 8 pockets and is smaller than most, but worked well for me. My intention was to throw it away because it was so cheap, but I used it for both of my recent cruises and brought it back to use again for the next cruise!

Archived