Hyatt Regency in Miami...

My husband and I just stayed there in October. Very nice hotel, and only about 5 min (or less) from the port. I don't recall seeing a grocery store but there is an Eckard or Walgreens drug store very close by, as well as a McDonalds. We got there a night early and rented a car through Enterprise and were pleasantly surprised to find that the Hyatt is the dropoff point for Enterprise cars (of course we didn't find this out until we had driven all over Miami looking for it!). The staff was very courteous and the hotel is beautiful. We got our room on priceline for about $35, plus $15 or $18 for parking. Highly recommended!

Carrie

p.s. You can't see the ships come in but we did ask for a room w/ a nice view and were granted one w/ a view of the bridge so we saw a few ships, just not the big ones!

We are also staying in the Hyatt for 3 days after our cruise on the Explorer.

Could you tell me where the nearest restaurant is, or does the hotel have one, and how easy is it to get around the city from the hotel.

Gyork:

I've stayed at the Hyatt more than 25 times. There is an excllent restaurant inside the Hotel, although a little pricey (but where in Miami isn't?). They serve a variety of things--Caribbean, American, etc. The Burgers are very good and they serve large portions. There is also a sushi bar/nightclub called Japenco which just recently opened.

You can either walk (during the day) to Bayside Marketplace from the Hotel, or take a short cab ride which will cost you about $4.00 each way. Bayside hosts the Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gump's (excellent), Lombardi's Italian Restaurant, a few tropical cafe's and also a large foodcourt. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Bayside, but it's very nice with live entertainment, lots of shopping, cafe's, etc. It's directly across from the Port of Miami and if you go on a Monday,Friday, Saturday, or Sunday evening, you'll see a Royal Caribbean ship docked right there.

There is also a Pizza Hut near the Hotel in the downtown area, but I wouldn't reccomend walking at night.

The Hotel is very nice, you'll enjoy it. Any more questions, just ask!

*Stacy*

We have stayed there multiple times and it is a couple of block walk to a Public grocery store. My guess is about 6 blocks. We have walked their numerous times to get soda before a cruise. Just ask at the concierge and they can give you direcitons to get to the grocery store.

We also stayed there last January and will be staying there again this coming January. We asked one of the bell hops about a grocery store. It was only a few blocks and a nice morning walk before checking out and leaving for our cruise.

margord this might sound stupid - but is it safe enough to walk to the Public grocery store - and is there any other stores near by - my wife would like to buy a cheap pair of hair straighters ( women he he )

jj......

Stacy,

Thanks for the response, yes we are familiar with Bayside as we unexpectedly ended up in Miami on Splendour last November. Do you think its safe to walk their at night, or is it better getting a cab ride.

Many thanks again for your response.

Gillian

We just stayed there pre cruise on the 29th and went to Bayside a couple of times..to shop during the day and to Bubba Gumps at night. Getting a taxi there is not hard but getting one back is not easy. It is such a cheap fare the taxi drivers dont want to take you and we had a group of 12. We finally got one to take us but 2 of our folks left before the rest of the group and could not get one so walked back. Both women and it was about 9pm and they had no trouble. It is a great hotel and the people are very nice. I got there about 1130a and they let me into my room right away.

Thanks, lanabanana. We are a group of 6 that needs transportation between the airport and the hotel. The shuttles are so nice because they're made for groups. We could split into 2 taxis. Does anyone know the fare?

• 1 month later...

Hi Everybody,

just wonder if anybody took some Miami City tours ? We are arriving at 03:00 pm, so I guess we will not get to the Hyatt before 04:30-05:00, and then we will need to eat something (Bayside sounds great, thank you for the recommendations). I wonder if there is any tour operator located at the hotel or at the Bayside, or do you know if we can "make a deal" with a taxi driver, and for a flat fee, go around popular places (South Beach, Little Havana, Coral Gables, etc) ??? Any input/suggestions will be appreciated,

Dorota

Archived