A HMC Question

spcl4cs_gal

My brother and I have reserved the eggshell cabana for our day at HMC along with the butler service. My parents, who are also taking this cruise, are trying to decide whether or not to join us on the island due to my mother's mobility issues. She requires a wheelchair/walker to get around and my father says that the sand will prevent them from visiting the island. Does anyone have suggestions as to how we could get her to the cabana without too much stress? Thanks.

I don't know if it applies to HAL, but I've read about some private islands that have "sand" wheelchairs for their guests with disabilites/mobility issues. From what I understand, the wheelchairs have oversized "balloon-type" wheels which make it easy to navigate them in the sand. Does anyone know if HMC has something similar?

I've read posts that have mentioned that they do have a wheelchair that would work for your mother. Not too long ago, I saw a picture of the wheelchair in front of a cabana, but I can't find it at this moment.

I'm sure someone who knows all the exact details will come along and tell you more about this wheelchair and how to reserve it for your mother.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your cabana! :)

We were at Half Moon last week. There were two of the "sand" wheelchairs located on the left just inside the entrance. I don't have a picture, but they did have the balloon type wheels. We did see staff members driving an all-terrain vechicle on the beach. You may want to contact Holland American about transportation options to the cabana. Enjoy your day Half Moon!!

Archived