Jewel of the Seas Baltic Cruise Compasses.

Broch

Thanks Sue. I wanted them more to see if the dining times are still the same ie 6 pm & 8.30. Also to get a list of the Entertainers and times of the shows. Also it usually gives you the temperature of the ports although I appreciate this can change damatically. As you can see from my signature we are going next August 21. Thanks for replying.

I just realized that I posted '09 instead of '08........oops!

Dining times were 6pm and 8:30pm. We did My Time dining and went at 7:45 each evening. We had our best dining experience ever!! After the first night we decided we liked that time, the wait staff and our table for 4 by the window so we made a standing reservation for each night. If needed, we just let them know we'd be a little earlier or later and, in that case, had a different table location but same wait staff.

We did 3 nights pre-cruise in London and lucked out with great weather there. We had a little rain in St Petersburg and Helsinki and only needed at most a light jacket and/or vest the rest of the time. Everywhere we went the locals talked about what a cool, wet summer it had been so we felt very fortunate with the weather we had.

Regarding My time dining. We at the moment do not have our gratuities included with our booking but I am seriously thinking about doing it, as I know it is a condition of MTD. Can we put our grats on to our booking and at the same time book our MTD spot. When do you have to decide what time you want your reservation? Do you still get vouchers to hand to your waitstaff and cabin attendant.

We signed up for MTD the first day of the cruise and, at that time, filled out the form to pre-pay our gratuities and made a reservation for our dining time for the first night. After dinner the first night we decided we liked the time and waitstaff and made a standing reservation at that time.

It's my understanding that if you choose MTD before you cruise you are charged for your gratuities when you choose it and you will choose your dining time once onboard. We chose not to sign up pre-cruise as we didn't want our credit card charged right then and wanted to have our pre-paid gratuities put on our SeaPass account once onboard. We were fortunate and there was space available in MTD.

In case you haven't seen it here's a link to My Time dining info from the Royal Caribbean website.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating&topic=email&subTopic=openseatSerenade

We did receive vouchers and envelopes on the last night for the Head Waiter, Waiter, Asst. Waiter and Cabin Attendant.

We signed up for MTD the first day of the cruise and, at that time, filled out the form to pre-pay our gratuities and made a reservation for our dining time for the first night. After dinner the first night we decided we liked the time and waitstaff and made a standing reservation at that time.

It's my understanding that if you choose MTD before you cruise you are charged for your gratuities when you choose it and you will choose your dining time once onboard. We chose not to sign up pre-cruise as we didn't want our credit card charged right then and wanted to have our pre-paid gratuities put on our SeaPass account once onboard. We were fortunate and there was space available in MTD.

In case you haven't seen it here's a link to My Time dining info from the Royal Caribbean website.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating&topic=email&subTopic=openseatSerenade

We did receive vouchers and envelopes on the last night for the Head Waiter, Waiter, Asst. Waiter and Cabin Attendant.

Thanks for the info Sue. As the pound is so week against the dollar right now it would pay us to put our grats on our booking in pounds rather than put it on our seapass. The staff would still get their normal money and we would get a better rate. However the Pound could shoot up again next year but I some how doubt it at the minute.

Archived