New Zealand Yatchs in Cabo - Excursion

NMCruzzin

We were on the Yael Chica sail boat on Friday the morning of 11/5/08...if you sailed on the New Zealand Yachts from the America's Race that morning - Here's what you looked like!!:)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was so amazing out sailing that day!!

• 2 months later...

Just got back from 10 days in Cabo, and did the Cabo Adventures AMERICA'S CUP tour. If you have ANY interest in sailing, and want to experience one of the fastest sailboats on the planet take this tour. The boat we were on participated in the America's Cup race in 2003. Its way cool to check out all the high tech stuff, and they teach you how to operate it. They have a little talk that explains how the America's Cup races actually work, then they stage one, putting one boat against their other boat. from either Australia or New Zealand also. You perform in an actual race, using strategy, blocking, figuring the wind, zig zagging and out manuvering the other team. You have a much better understanding and appreciation of America's Cup after this adventure. They are good at what they do, and also throw a little humor in it, what a fantastic way to spend a few hours in the sunshine! They also provide you with a beer on the way out, and another beer and snacks after you return, and they have a staff photographer who takes some great pictures, and you have the option to buy them in print, or on a CD upon your return. You can sign up at the Dolfin Swim arena, at Cabo Adventures. I highly recommend it.

I had planned on this actvity in Cabo from the beginning of our dreams of our next trip in May but sadly, we just found out that our ship leaves too early for us to be able to participate. Now we have to find an alternate and this was what I was looking most forward to. :(

Anybody have any ideas?

Jennifer

• 1 month later...
... and did the Cabo Adventures AMERICA'S CUP tour. If you have ANY interest in sailing, and want to experience one of the fastest sailboats on the planet take this tour. The boat we were on participated in the America's Cup race in 2003. Its way cool to check out all the high tech stuff, and they teach you how to operate it. They have a little talk that explains how the America's Cup races actually work, then they stage one, putting one boat against their other boat. from either Australia or New Zealand also. You perform in an actual race, using strategy, blocking, figuring the wind, zig zagging and out manuvering the other team...

Totally agree! My son and I went on this last week and it was one of the best shore excursions we have done. It's great that these boats are getting a new lease on life while providing everyone with a chance to sail on a bit of history.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounds awesome! DH and I are booked for our cruise in November. We were signed up for the America's Cup excursion a couple of years ago in St. Maarten. It was very windy that day which was very exciting for me since I grew up sailing. Unfortunately our excursion was cancelled after being on the boat for only 5 minutes due to the wind.

I am super excited to try it again in Cabo. Even more excited because I am from NZ and hoping to get on their boat.

Thanks for the info!

Archived