Any new sales coming from Carnival ?

mr jailerman

received an email today

It's Coming...17th Annual

"Day After Thanksgiving" Sale

Friday November 28, 2008: 8am - 6pm ET

CruCon works for weeks on this sale with the cruise lines to craft you some of the best possible cruise deals...the only hitch??

They are only available for ONE DAY...no exceptions...

Friday 11/28/08

VERY IMPORTANT:

You must register by

Tuesday 11/25 to receive these deals on Thanksgiving Day.

I found this by searching

1 12/3/2007 Save up to $100 per stateroom on 3-4 Day Weekend Sailings

2 12/4/2007 Up to $200 onboard credit per stateroom on 6-8 Day Winter Sailings

3 12/5/2007 Best Available Upgrades on 3-5 Day Coast to Coast Winter Sailings

4 12/6/2007 Save up to $100 per stateroom on 3-5 Day Caribbean Summer Sailings

5 12/7/2007 Up to $200 onboard credit per stateroom on Europe Med. or Alaska Sailings

6 12/8/2007 2 category upgrade on Carnival Imagination

or Carnival Inspiration Sailings

7 12/9/2007 2 category upgrade on 6-8 Day Summer Sailings

8 12/10/2007 Save up to $100 per stateroom on 3-5 Day Caribbean Winter Sailings

9 12/11/2007 Best Available Upgrades on 6-8 Day Coast to Coast Winter Sailings

10 12/12/2007 Best Available Upgrade on 6-8 Day Caribbean or Mexican Riviera Fall Sailings

11 12/13/2007 Family Stateroom Savings on Spring or Summer Sailings

12 12/14/2007 Save up to $100 per stateroom on virtually all 2008 Sailings

received an email today

It's Coming...17th Annual

"Day After Thanksgiving" Sale

Friday November 28, 2008: 8am - 6pm ET

CruCon works for weeks on this sale with the cruise lines to craft you some of the best possible cruise deals...the only hitch??

They are only available for ONE DAY...no exceptions...

Friday 11/28/08

VERY IMPORTANT:

You must register by

Tuesday 11/25 to receive these deals on Thanksgiving Day.

How do you register????

How do you register????

There will also be a link on the Carnival site you can click on and see that days offers. The above post (#27) has the main offers, mostly 2008/winter sailings, one for Imagination or Inspiration specifically.

I dont see anything any better than the sale last week where you got $100 off a cabin plus best available upgrade within the category. My friend got a 4E on a summer sailing for Fantasy and grabbed that one, looks like a good thing.

The ones you call in for, you will have to be sitting there and dialing the second the clock strikes, if you get in early they wouldnt let you sit on the phone. Last year they had 5 of each of the really good prices only one of which for instance applied to the conquest.

You dont need to register to get in on these sales, call your own TA if you see one you want.

There will also be a link on the Carnival site you can click on and see that days offers. The above post (#27) has the main offers, mostly 2008/winter sailings, one for Imagination or Inspiration specifically.

I dont see anything any better than the sale last week where you got $100 off a cabin plus best available upgrade within the category. My friend got a 4E on a summer sailing for Fantasy and grabbed that one, looks like a good thing.

The ones you call in for, you will have to be sitting there and dialing the second the clock strikes, if you get in early they wouldnt let you sit on the phone. Last year they had 5 of each of the really good prices only one of which for instance applied to the conquest.

You dont need to register to get in on these sales, call your own TA if you see one you want.

Thanks for the info Firefly..

We loved the 'deals of the day' last year where if you were one of the first 30 or so people you could get a certain price for a cruise. They ran along with the 12 days of christmas changing everyday. We booked a 5 night west. Carb. for $199 and the next day the special was a 7 night for $299. You have to be quick to call though, we were too slow the for the 7 night one. Can't wait for this years.

We loved the 'deals of the day' last year where if you were one of the first 30 or so people you could get a certain price for a cruise. They ran along with the 12 days of christmas changing everyday. We booked a 5 night west. Carb. for $199 and the next day the special was a 7 night for $299. You have to be quick to call though, we were too slow the for the 7 night one. Can't wait for this years.

There were not 30 per ship though, it was 5 per ship. So if you wanted a particular ship you were very limited. Only one of these call in deals pertained to Galveston. ONE. So you can imagine how many called in that day. Sure some of the ports out of Florida especially you could be one of the 5 for any particular ship.

Most of us got nothing after taking the time to be home to call in. Im not surprised you got the 5 day but not the 7 day, ALL of us were trying to get the 7 day. Carnival said thousands called in that day. I was left with an ugly feeling about the sale and upset with my PVP who gave me incorrect information, she said to call another number which of course was wrong. I canned her after that because I really wanted the deal that only FIVE people got for Conquest. (she had been wrong about a lot of other things before that and broken promises, that was just the last staw and I was dissapointed with Carnival).

Not everyone was happy with last years sale. The year before the sale was great, more chances for good prices, last years stank if you wanted to go out of Galveston or New Orleans and not have to get to the East or West Coast. FIVE people got the Conquest. FIVE. (not 30 like you imply), there might be other ships and 5 places on each ship, so more than 5 total, but there are only 5 per ship of the specials each day.

Somebody out here has got to have had a sneak preview of the Carnival Christmas sale by now as it's a week away ? :rolleyes: C'mon, We wont tell..;) :D

Post #27 has the main reductions that anyone can get. Just not the call in very very limited (5 per ship) special priced daily specials. Id say its better not to post it here, just more competition for those 5 per ship specials that are hard enough to get.

Post #27 has the main reductions that anyone can get. Just not the call in very very limited (5 per ship) special priced daily specials. Id say its better not to post it here, just more competition for those 5 per ship specials that are hard enough to get.

Those are all from last year...2007

Those are all from last year...2007

Oh I missed that they posted last years specials. I still think the quieter this is kept the better chance we have of snaring one of those specials. Folks got real quiet about posting the link just before it was time to call in last year, why hurt their chances. I know I wasnt posting that I was calling before I tried.

Almost none applied to Galveston last year, very very restrictive.

This drives me nuts. Everyone talks about the great deals they get on cruises, but I usually never get them because it's not a deal if I have to pay for airfare also. :rolleyes:

There's 4-day Imagination cruises going for $169/pp right now. The 5-day Ecstasy in January is cheaper than the 4-day :rolleyes:, but the best I could do was $299/pp for the 5 day. Add in taxes and fuel, and it's almost $800 for 2 people. Hardly a super bargain when you're looking for a quick, cheap getaway.

This drives me nuts. Everyone talks about the great deals they get on cruises, but I usually never get them because it's not a deal if I have to pay for airfare also. :rolleyes:

There's 4-day Imagination cruises going for $169/pp right now. The 5-day Ecstasy in January is cheaper than the 4-day :rolleyes:, but the best I could do was $299/pp for the 5 day. Add in taxes and fuel, and it's almost $800 for 2 people. Hardly a super bargain when you're looking for a quick, cheap getaway.

I just booked my son and his fiance on the liberty eastern itinerary for $369 a person + taxes. Yes it's an inside cabin on empress deck, which is what I choose. They are offering upgrades to wherever you want to go.

I'm sure the fuel surcharge will come back as obc, so I do think this was a great bargain. It's the end of jan.

And since I have air vouchers from a bump a few months ago, I don't have to pay for airfare for them.

It is their christmas gift. They are young, so they spend all day and night out of their cabin, so an inside is fine for them.

But even the balcony was cheap $629.

I just booked my son and his fiance on the liberty eastern itinerary for $369 a person + taxes. Yes it's an inside cabin on empress deck, which is what I choose. They are offering upgrades to wherever you want to go.

I'm sure the fuel surcharge will come back as obc, so I do think this was a great bargain. It's the end of jan.

And since I have air vouchers from a bump a few months ago, I don't have to pay for airfare for them.

It is their christmas gift. They are young, so they spend all day and night out of their cabin, so an inside is fine for them.

But even the balcony was cheap $629.

Thanks for the info..:)

There were not 30 per ship though, it was 5 per ship. So if you wanted a particular ship you were very limited.

Most of us got nothing after taking the time to be home to call in. Im not surprised you got the 5 day but not the 7 day, ALL of us were trying to get the 7 day.

I don't remember it being so limited. We weren't sitting at home by the phone either and didn't think much of it. We were at the grocery store saw the time (a few min after) and thought why not call, got through and booked. It was a breeze. The next day we didn't call for the 7 day till an hour after the time but we didn't really care since we had already booked the other one. I just didn't realize it was such a limited and frenzied experience. Guess I'll keep on my toes this year, if they even have it, I wonder if the rumors are true.

Archived