? for recent Mariner cruisers?

Chuggiebug

In the main dining room, are they charging for the optional steak on the Mariner yet?

We cruise in 3 weeks and there have been reports that on some ships they are. I get it a couple of times each cruise and want to prepare if I am not going to get it without paying extra.

I was on the Mariner in Aug 2008, ( don't know if that is recent enough for your question), but NO they were not charging for the steak in the MDR.

My understanding is it's a trial on the Freedom and Majesty right now!:D

In the main dining room, are they charging for the optional steak on the Mariner yet?

We cruise in 3 weeks and there have been reports that on some ships they are. I get it a couple of times each cruise and want to prepare if I am not going to get it without paying extra.

Even where they have the $14.95 steak, it is an OPTION in addition to the regular steak on the menu.

It (regular, non-charge) was delicious on the Majesty in September.

Also just got off of Mariner last week (wish I was still there) and no extra charge steak. They had the usual black angus sirloin every night, plus there was one night (I think the second night) that had a filet sliced into like 3 pieces prepared to either medium rare or medium well which was awesome, and I think the last night they had a NY strip- it was pretty good. I missed a few nights in the MDR for spec. restaurants and events, so they may have had more steak options other nights. Have a blast on your trip!! :)

Archived