Ft Lauderdale Hotels

zetachi

I know this has been asked and answered numerous times but I guess once more won't drive anyone insane...except maybe me.

We are looking for a Hotel for Feb 13-15th 2009. Two nights before we board IOS.

there will be 5 in our party. My wife and myself, our 2 kids 6 and 3 and my sister. We are flying into FLL airport and renting a car from Budget for 2 days.

We'd like to keep the price reasonable < $500 if possible, while getting a decent room.

We don't care if there is anything to do around the hotel as we will be driving to Coral Springs one day and if weather permitting just hanging out at the pool the rest of the time.

Also what is the best plan with the rental. I pick it up at the airport, drive to hotel. Thats easy. No for the return is it best if we all drive the car back to the airport and get transport from there to the Cruise, or best for just one of us to return car and then shuttle back to hotel and get transport from there?

Thanks

We are looking for a Hotel for Feb 13-15th 2009. Two nights before we board IOS.

Also what is the best plan with the rental. I pick it up at the airport, drive to hotel. Thats easy. No for the return is it best if we all drive the car back to the airport and get transport from there to the Cruise, or best for just one of us to return car and then shuttle back to hotel and get transport from there?

My wife and I will be sailing IOS in January. We will be staying at Lauderdale-By-The-Sea which is a just north of Ft. Lauderdale at a hotel called Best Florida Resort. I can only go off of reviews from another site, which are positive, but the rooms are $99 plus free parking for your rental. If anyone has stayed here please let us know what you think.

We also will be renting from Budget. We will be dropping off the car at the Quay Shopping Plaza which is right at the cruise port. They offer a complimentary shuttle to the ship.

countdown.pl?name=fun-n-sun&date=1-23-2009&image=Beach-8&text=Ready!!!&ship=Independence of the Seas

We also will be renting from Budget. We will be dropping off the car at the Quay Shopping Plaza which is right at the cruise port. They offer a complimentary shuttle to the ship.

hmm budget lists two locations on the quay, any clue if they are the same or which to choose?

thanks

Z

My wife and I will be sailing IOS in January. We will be staying at Lauderdale-By-The-Sea which is a just north of Ft. Lauderdale at a hotel called Best Florida Resort. I can only go off of reviews from another site, which are positive, but the rooms are $99 plus free parking for your rental. If anyone has stayed here please let us know what you think.

countdown.pl?name=fun-n-sun&date=1-23-2009&image=Beach-8&text=Ready%21%21%21&ship=Independence%20of%20the%20Seas

Haven't stayed at that hotel but I love LBTS. I have walked by and it looks like a small well cared for 'mom & pop motel'. If you are in LBTS on a Friday or Saturday night check out the street parties. Friday is jazz on El Mar Drive. Saturday is 'best of the 70's, 80's and 90's on Commercial Blvd. They both start at 7pm and end at 10pm with the streets closed off and outdoor music and dancing. Most fun I've had in years!

We are staying 2 days for our Soltice pre-cruise at Marriott North for $50.00 per night. I won the bid on Priceline. 13 miles from port but we also rented a car from Budget. Check it out.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllcc-fort-lauderdale-marriott-north/

Did you get this hotel for the weekend of February 13-15th? That is the OP's dates.

I agree with fun-n-sun's idea to stay in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea.

Go to www.Sunny.org and look for the accommodations with the Small Superior Lodgings logo.

We are staying at the Springhills by Marriott. They have free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. We are going out of Miami. I do not know how much it is for we are going with a group of 26 couples and it was cheaper to fly in the day before and stay overnight than to fly in the day of our cruise. I just know she dropped are package price and added the hotel stay at the same time.

Just completed a vacation + cruise out of FLL. First 4 days we stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. It was expensive (about $400) but it has great beach access, a gigantic pool, activities for kids, poolside bar, nice rooms, good food. I'll be posting a more complete review on a hotel review site, cuz for that amount of money some things should have been better.

On the return we stayed at Marriott Courtyard Airport in Dania Beach. I liked this place. This hotel caters to travelers. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived at 10am and they allowed us to check into our room. Rooms are big, quiet and they have a full breakfast in the morning - including made to order omelettes! Biggest dining area I've ever seen in this type hotel. Lots of shuttles to airport and cruise lines. Free internet, but bring your own Cat5 cable. Our one night was $113. Drawbacks - it's not near anything fun. A restaurant is within walking distance. Free shuttles start at 5am.

Just completed a vacation + cruise out of FLL. First 4 days we stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. It was expensive (about $400) but it has great beach access, a gigantic pool, activities for kids, poolside bar, nice rooms, good food. I'll be posting a more complete review on a hotel review site, cuz for that amount of money some things should have been better.

On the return we stayed at Marriott Courtyard Airport in Dania Beach. I liked this place. This hotel caters to travelers. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived at 10am and they allowed us to check into our room. Rooms are big, quiet and they have a full breakfast in the morning - including made to order omelettes! Biggest dining area I've ever seen in this type hotel. Lots of shuttles to airport and cruise lines. Free internet, but bring your own Cat5 cable. Our one night was $113. Drawbacks - it's not near anything fun. A restaurant is within walking distance. Free shuttles start at 5am.

I didn't know Marriott Courtyards had a free breakfast. Is that something new?

Archived