Legend Review!!!

gman0119

Just came back from the Carnival Legend!!!! Man, what a great time. I'm going to try and give as many details as possible, and if I can figure out how, I will include some photos.

The first part of this will not have photos, so feel free to give advice on how to do it!! I have them stored on flickr.com

DW and I live in Lake Charles, LA, and wanted to make this a vacation that we could remember. We left LA on Thursday, and took the scenic route. We followed the Gulf Coast from Mobile, AL all the way to Tampa. What a fun time!!! We saw so many wonderful sites, and since it is not tourist season right now, we were able to get around with no problems. For anyone that has the time, I surely recommend printing out a line of travel from google maps, or use a GPS to stay as close to the water as possible. You will see some truly beautiful sites. We had such a blast stopping whenever we wanted to, driving slow if we wanted, or just parking and looking if we liked the view. I would gladly do that again, when time allowed it.

We got in to Tampa on Friday evening. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on N Rocky Point. As far as a hotel goes, the rooms are average, but the staff makes this place a hotel I would go back to any time I can! Every person who worked at this place, including even the cleaning ladies, always smiled and greeted you! It wasn't in a fake, have to way, either. It was like they really mean it. The van drivers are also great! HIE lets you take the van anywhere in a 5 mile radius, so we made a couple of runs here and there, and they were always very prompt to get you. They were actually "unusually effecient"! HIE will pick you up at the airport, drop you off at the dock, pick you up after the cruise, and deliver you to the airport. For us, they delivered us to the boat, and then took us back to the hotel after. Parking was no charge for the week we were gone.

On Friday, we got in late enough to be tired, and went to bed pretty early. We knew we were going to have a full day the next day! We got up on Saturday and decided to go site see. We wanted to see what the port area looked like, so we drove to it. It is a beautiful area. There is an aquarium, restaurants, stores, etc. It wasn't very heavy traffic on a weekend, so it was easy to get in and out. We found a restaurant called (I think) Margarita Mamma, or something like that. They have a sign saying, "Good food, Great drinks, Lousy service." They did have great service too. We sat at the bar and had a great time at picking with the bartender. He is sharp enough to make the conversation fun and interesting! All margaritas are mixed when you ask for them; not just a frozen machine pouring out junk. They were really good! Since I am a cop, and didn't want to violate any law that would make me miss the cruise, I only had one. Wish I could have had more!!!

We rode around downtown, by the airport, and a few other places, then returned to HIE to relax. We went by the pool, and lo and behold, met POPSEC and her crew!!! From the time we met them, till the time we got off the boat, we hung around with them when possible, and had a great time!!!! POPSEC and DH met another couple on one of there cruises, and they met and were sailing together again on this cruise. If you ever go on a cruise they are on, I highly encourage you to meet them. Great people who are there just for fun and relaxation! They taught us quite a few things, and some of them, I will not reveal!!!:D We stayed out by the pool for quite a while, into the night, and finally decided we would go get some rest so we could make it to the ship the next day!

With HIE, when you get there, you sign up for the bus runs to the port. Since we had gotten there early, we were on the earliest run, which was 11 AM. They pick up passengers getting off the boat at 9, 10, and then by call in, and start dropping at 11, 12, and 1. They use a few vans, so it isn't much of a wait. They offer such good service that the van driver we had turned around and went back to the hotel for something someone had forgot. Excellent service!!! We got to the port at about 11:30 or so, and I personnaly was extrememly surprised at how streamlined and effecient the port was. We were in the CVC and had the VIP boarding, and when we got in there, the loudspeakers were already saying that #10 and 11 groups were being called to board! When we got to the Lido deck, there were already quite a few people on the boat!

Ok, here are where pictures come in, so I am going to take a break...

I will try to post more tomorrow, with photos, but now that I am back in my wonderful :mad: town, I have to go in to work and find out what mayhem has happened since I've been gone... I do promise, though, that I won't leave you hanging long. It was too great of a trip to hang you in suspense!!!:)

In case you can't wait to see the photos, they are on Flickr.com on the people search, enter angel1962402002. Some of the cruise photos are there, along with other stuff from the life of DW!!! I'll post more when I can!

Hey POPSEC, any reply???:D

In case you can't wait to see the photos, they are on Flickr.com on the people search, enter angel1962402002. Some of the cruise photos are there, along with other stuff from the life of DW!!! I'll post more when I can!

Hey POPSEC, any reply???:D

I tried but can't see your pictures on flickr....what's up?

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review and checking out your pictures. Our first cruise was on the Legend back when it was new, I cant wait until February!!

I also tried to look at the pictures it said "angel1962402002" not found

hey hockeyluver! I haven't seen you in awhile!

We're also doing Legend - will be following you a month later! I'm looking forward to the rest of this review :)

You know that can be concidered stalking :eek: LOL,

Did you know the Parrotheads will be on the ship I think I read March 15th 2009. You might want to look into that. They took over way too much of the ship last year, to many places off limits for thier parties. So glad we booked for February!!

if you go to flickr and put in angel1962402002 and search for people you will find thier profile. Pull them up and you will see the pics... hope this helps

Pics look wonderful I am anxiously awaiting you review we leave in a little over 4 months

Tried that it didnt work :(

Ok, on www.flickr.com, on the first page, click on "EXPLORE".

On the next page, you will see a bunch of words, different sized, in blue color. Click on "people".

On the next page, enter "Angel1962402002" but before you click on "search", click on the arrow after search, and click on "Flickr members".

That will take you to her page where you can click on the items.

Guess it will be easier when I have time to post the things here!!!! LOL

What is a good deck on the Legend for a quiet inside cabin? In looking at the deck plans I see a Firebird Lounge on the Riviera deck when the Riviera is normally cabins only. :confused:

I also see the Promenade deck right above it, which would probably make it really noisy.

So what's a good deck for a quiet inside cabin?

What is a good deck on the Legend for a quiet inside cabin? In looking at the deck plans I see a Firebird Lounge on the Riviera deck when the Riviera is normally cabins only. :confused:

I also see the Promenade deck right above it, which would probably make it really noisy.

So what's a good deck for a quiet inside cabin?

your best bet would be one that is sandwiched between two other cabin only decks.

Ok, on www.flickr.com, on the first page, click on "EXPLORE".

On the next page, you will see a bunch of words, different sized, in blue color. Click on "people".

On the next page, enter "Angel1962402002" but before you click on "search", click on the arrow after search, and click on "Flickr members".

That will take you to her page where you can click on the items.

Guess it will be easier when I have time to post the things here!!!! LOL

Hey, Glenn! Sure enjoyed hangin out with you and Lottie....you're fun peeps! :D

I did answer your email telling you how to include pics in your post:p

I'd post pics but I never took even 1 :eek:.....counting on you guys for great pics LOL

Legend-Nov08003.jpg

Legend-Nov08007.jpg

Legend-Nov08008.jpg

Legend-Nov08012.jpg

Ok, shame on everybody, I have figured out how to post photos!!!!! Thanks Popsec!!!

Here is the first group, around the port. The water park is a part of the Channelside area. Tampa is a beautiful port, and I'd love to visit that city again. We were impressed by the people and the sites.

More to follow!!!!

Ok, here we go some more! As the Legend started to leave port, we walked around the ship for a few minutes and took a few photos.

Legend-Nov08009.jpg

The Enchanted Forest was a very beautiful area! Never went back, but it was great to see it!

Legend-Nov08010.jpg

This is a HUGE mural that is underneath the top of the Carnival Tail. Legend is VERY artistic!

Legend-Nov08011.jpg

Main Lobby. You enter the boat right into it. Christmas decorations were up!

Legend-Nov08014.jpg

I got artistic for a minute, and notice the sun behind the tail, and thought it would make a good photo!

As we got away from the port, I was surprised even more by the beauty of Tampa. This is a photo of some of the condos and houses on the island that is near the port. (I can't remember the name of the island) It is plain to see that I won't ever be able to afford to even be allowed to drive through that neigborhood!!! LOL

Legend-Nov08015.jpg

Legend-Nov08016.jpg

Legend-Nov08017.jpg

Legend-Nov08020.jpg

It is really beautiful to see the island as the boat travels. I saved a couple of photos for the next post of the very end of the island. It is so pretty that we have used one of the photos as our desktop! More in a minute!!!

Ok, first of all is a general photo, and the 2nd photo is my favorite of the entire cruise. DW has always loved lighthouses, and she had no idea that I had even taken this. I used to be a pro photographer, and now, just a little hand held digital point and shoot is all I use. Composition is still the main ingredient in a good shot, and I love this second photo!!!

Legend-Nov08018.jpg

Legend-Nov08019.jpg

Ok, I'm gonna take a break for now. Been working on these photos most of the day. I'll be back later this evening, I'm sure. I can't wait to show more and tell more!!!! Hope all are enjoying this!

I made a mistake on one of the photos. That isn't the main lobby, it is the pay restaurant. Golden Fleece, I think it is called???

Sorry I didn't post more, but got called in to work last night. Have to work this evening, then 4AM in the morning, so I'm gonna be dog tired... Will post more either Friday afternoon or Saturday.

I'm gonna finish this regardless!!!!

Archived