Azura, first P&O ship to have single cabins

Goldryder

So there are going to be 18 single cabins, not american speak staterooms. This of course is just derisory. With over 3000 passengers what do you think of your chances of actually booking one!. Of course with 'singles' I suppose you will have to pay the full double fare for any other cabin. Even Fred Olsen with smaller ships can do better than this. There should be at least 100 singles on a ship of the size of Azura.

Dave I think you are being a little harsh stating it is 'derisory' to only have 18 single cabins for 3000 passengers. That is still more than 0 cabins out of what ever number of passengers a ship accommodates ;). A case of the early bird catches the worm don't you think?:rolleyes:

S x

I doubt they are basing the number of singles on demand, apart from solo travellers there are all those parties of a couple plus friend who do not want to share. At present at least you have the single supplement option on a range of cabins but it would be bad news if the introduction of singles led to the demise of the supplement. Check out the prices of Fred Olsen single cabins which are not cheap!.

Did I hear that correctly? I currently pay £750 single supplement for a 2 week cruise so since 2005 thats £3000 I've paid just in supplements.

What bugs me, especially with the fly-cruise is when they say 100% supplement. OK so occupying a double cabin (usually the worst grade ones!) but not occupying 2 seats on the plane nor eating for two!

• 2 years later...
So there are going to be 18 single cabins (on Azura)...with over 3000 passengers, what do you think of your chances are of actually booking one?"

I'm interested in booking a single cabin (inside or outside) on the Azura, but every itinerary is completely sold out. Is there a secret to booking this type of cabin? Have you booked this cabin when a new itinerary was published, or did you ask to be put on a waiting list at P&O?:confused: Thanks

Yes, you have to book almost BEFORE the cruise goes on sale to stand any chance. Otherwise you are going to have to bite the bullet and pay the single supplement for a double cabin.

I booked a inside on Ventura and was upgraded twice, finishing in a outside view in a convenient location. As it would have cost me £100's more I was happy :)

Archived