Date all ships are decorated for Christmas?

andnickali

Does Carnival decorate the ships all at the same time, or is it up to each ship as to when they decorate? We are leaving on Sunday (Freedom) and I didn't even think there might be decorations up- this will be my first cruise close enough to Christmas for any possibility to see the ship dressed-up.

Does Carnival decorate the ships all at the same time, or is it up to each ship as to when they decorate? We are leaving on Sunday (Freedom) and I didn't even think there might be decorations up- this will be my first cruise close enough to Christmas for any possibility to see the ship dressed-up.

Im sure it varies by a day or two within the fleet, but most ships are decorated by mid Nov.

We have always sailed the first week in December and the ships were always decorated but then however it seemed some had more decorations than others. I remember in 02 when we were on the Triumph, the strings of white lights that are always on the upper decks were all covered with large colored light covers and there was a large Christmas tree up on the deck where you go down the water slide. The lights really looked beautiful as we set sail and as it got dark. When we got up the next morning and went out on deck, I noticed that most of the colored covers were gone. Guess they blew off in breezes. If I remember the Conquest was the least decorated. Someone said once it was up to the cruise staff of each ship how much they decorated.

Archived