New to Cruising, lots of questions...help?

Pastormike

If you have specific ideas of what to do and see on this itinerary, I would appreciate it....some of you already have and they look good.

I do plan on relaxing, sitting back and enjoying some worthless reading and some good food.....I will pay for it when we get back, but sometimes we just have to enjoy ourselves.

All you folks are great, it helps alot to hear your suggestions and thoughts. I do think I am going to try to upgrade or get a room more towards the midship or an aft cabin. I have never had a problem with motion sickness, my wife hasn't for years, but this being our first time on a boat like this, maybe better safe than sorry.

Any one ever have a problem in a forward cabin?

Thanks again for all your help.

Oh, and to "I love Scottland"....you methodists are way too methodical for me:) I guess the looser Lutherans work better for me!!

Thanks for all the help!

Mike

My pastor's name is Pastor Mike too. Assembly of God though. Check out the ports of call links below. Go to San Juan. There is a guy named Toonjie that has lot of info about the southern caribbean. He has a link under his name that has lots of pics of the area and some of your ports of call. He went on the Adventure but alot of the info will be helpful to you. Check out the sticky on the top of the San Juan thread it has info about Priceline hotels too. Have a great time planning your vacation. :)Debbie

I do think I am going to try to upgrade or get a room more towards the midship or an aft cabin. Any one ever have a problem in a forward cabin?

Personally I love forward cabins. I do suffer motion sickness but have never had a problem with the front of the ship moving any more than the rest of it. We like the location of your cabin but thankfully other people don't so we don't have trouble getting a cabin where we want it. :)

You didn't mention San Juan, but you should try to spend a little time there. I love the Old City.

em

Although this wasn't directed to me I'd like to respond. Orient Beach is a beautiful beach with alot to see and do...

Thanks for the reply, Sue. I've also heard Orient is beautiful. Have been to St.Maarten twice now on an Eastern itinerary, but did not go to Orient.

...(oh, and I am not responding to the previous question about a clothing optional beach, this isn't really a place for religous discussions....but thanks anyway:))

Fine, I respect that, but wanted to let you know that this board has seen its share of faith-based discussions. I certainly wasn't going to get into something deep and theological; I merely politely asked, from one believer to another, why you would consider going to a clothing-optional beach. Anyway, nevermind. Enjoy your cruise - it's a wonderful experience and I'm sure you'll enjoy RCI.

Archived