Balcony privacy question

Postman1963

Ok.. first of all.. Gross..

Second of all.. I can't help but think anyone who needs or wants to do that on their balcony hopes people can see.

Terry? its not gross hun.... some people just have more nerve than others.... I would be too scared I would get busted by someone.....unless of course all the alchohol kicks in and makes me crazy....but anyone that has the nerve to to go ahead and bump and grind oon the balcony i say waaahooooo!!!! keep kids from hanging over the balcony , they have no buisness doing that for there safety period!

Awinkler...lmao at Bob and whoopee

Edited by Suni99

My wife and I are planning on a very romantic cruise on the Star in January. We are hoping to take our romance onto the balcony on several occasions. Will we have privacy or should we be more discreet in our romancing?

I just noticed that you are going on the Star. It's a favorite of ours. We have had an aft balcony and they are deeper, more spacious and have more privacy than the average balcony.

Charlie

Another thing to remember are the many' date=' many video surveillance cameras all over the place - including outside the ship looking forward, aft and into certain balcony areas...........:D[/quote']

The cameras pretty much scan down the SIDE of the ship. Just a practical matter. How can you be sure the camera from the bridge wing can not see you? Just like the signs on big trucks. "If you can not see my mirrors, I can not see you."

So, while sitting in a balcony chair, even close to the railing, can you see anything up or down the side of the ship? NOPE. And therefore no camera could see you either.

Video camera technology is somewhat amazing to me. Not only does it tape and record, but when operated manually, one can zoom in real close. For safety reasons (and other), stay away from the railings.

coka

Okay, as an old woman, know what comes to my mind 1st thing? Not that anyone could see us (like who' WANT to?) or whether or not it is appropriate (hey, it's my balcony so I can do pretty much what I want) but the fact is how damned UNCOMFORTABLE it would be on that little balcony! I can't imagine using the balcony when a perfectly comfortable bed is 3 feet away!

And hey, if I wanna feel that ocean breeze, I'll just leave the balcony door open, and crack my main cabin door and hold on to hubby for dear life when the wind tunnel starts! :D

CG

Okay, as an old woman, know what comes to my mind 1st thing? Not that anyone could see us (like who' WANT to?) or whether or not it is appropriate (hey, it's my balcony so I can do pretty much what I want) but the fact is how damned UNCOMFORTABLE it would be on that little balcony! I can't imagine using the balcony when a perfectly comfortable bed is 3 feet away!

And hey, if I wanna feel that ocean breeze, I'll just leave the balcony door open, and crack my main cabin door and hold on to hubby for dear life when the wind tunnel starts! :D

CG

LOL, well you could always blow up a raft that you might bring for the beach, that would offer some cushion:Dhehehe

CG

LOL!! That's too funny :D I love the wind tunnel idea!

Balconies are great for Romance. We danced & hugged & necked. It was delightful!

For more . . . um intimate activites . . . inside is probably better for all the reasons stated above but there are adventurous cruisers out there. Just be careful.

That reminds me of a story I heard here recently. In some of the ports, the pier is rather small, and when there is ship tied up on each side, you can actually talk/yell over to the other ship. And, of course you can see DIRECTLY into cabins on the other side.

Get my drift????

We have engaged in balcony romance on several cruises. Use your head, make sure you are not in line of sight and then have fun.

I think the people knocking it are just jealous.

If I read your reply right. I think they know how to do it, just not sure if they should or not?

"ENJOY" your balcony

It is not as uncomfortable out there as some would have you believe.

If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, do it late at night with all the lights off and keep the volume down.

Otherwise have fun.

Others are right, for someone to really see you , they have to be really craneing their neck and invadeing your space. That is thier hangup not yours.

And even if you are spotted on the cameras.do you think it will be teh first tiem security personnel have seen that. If they had a dime for everytime, they wouldn't have to work. :)

ENJOY:)

"ENJOY" your balcony

It is not as uncomfortable out there as some would have you believe.

If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, do it late at night with all the lights off and keep the volume down.

Otherwise have fun.

Others are right, for someone to really see you , they have to be really craneing their neck and invadeing your space. That is thier hangup not yours.

And even if you are spotted on the cameras.do you think it will be teh first tiem security personnel have seen that. If they had a dime for everytime, they wouldn't have to work. :)

ENJOY:)

Probably depends on how much the videos would fetch on eBay:D

Charlie

*LMAO*

Well yes

but seriously would they risk their jobs and possible criminal charges just to sell a "Nookie Tape" ?

See my answer in post #47:p
Probably depends on how much the videos would fetch on eBay:D

Charlie

Doubtful that Interpol would be interested in tracking them down even in a European country let alone a third world one.

See my answer in post #47:p

Doubtful that Interpol would be interested in tracking them down even in a European country let alone a third world one.

Hey as long as they give us a cut. DW and I would be happy to be the Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee of the high seas *LOL*