Balcony privacy question

Postman1963

I hope you consider your daughter- you do not want to scar her for life. Perhaps she will not go with you this time?

Philip 217 posted once that stewards find used condoms on balconies all the time-so maybe you would not- but many would. I hope they tip their stewards well.

You know I don't care who has balcony sex,( however, I do mind people posting and bragging -that should be private between the couple)

What I find disgusting is those who have posted that they have done it in the PUBLIC hot tubs. (Look up the "Balcony Club" thread in the floataway lounge)

One person actually bragged that they had done it on the helicopter pad of Mariner of the Seas with the ship's officers watching. So yes, many DO want to put on a show for others and YES-they get off on it- and I am positive they are not worried about leaving bodily fluids behind. Another very good reason for washing my hands lots and using that sanitizer gel they have everywhere. I am more concerned about that then I am of noro virus.

Hmmmm... you hope I consider my daughter... so you figure that because I made a joke about someone seeing something on my balcony I must be talking about sex... and that it wouldn't occur to me to ensure my daughter was not in the cabin beforehand? ha ha ha ha ha :p I can't even answer that other than to say, 'Give your head a shake!' (also, see paragraph 4 regarding assumptions :))

Now, as for the braggarts, I'm in total agreement. If I want to read about someone's sexual adventures, I'll go looking on a 'different' site. I'm sure I could find one - google any word in the English language and something 'adult' pops up. (which is why I monitor my daughter's computer usage - wouldn't want her scarred for life! :p) This thread, though, was not about what people had or hadn't done - or would or wouldn't do even - it was about privacy. People shared experiences and opinions, but none of it was what I would consider 'bragging' and I don't recall seeing anything explicit (I haven't gone back and reviewed the whole thread).

The hot tub thing - EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just one more reason why I generally stay out of public hot tubs. How revolting - and in my opinion, to actually proudly post that you have done something so gross (again, my opinion) and inconsiderate of others is just not something I can relate to at all.

As for the bodily fluids left behind in general - I think you should reread my posts. I have never claimed that NOBODY leaves a mess behind (and this pertains to ANY mess or contaminants, as I actually suggest people are suspect of any surface in publicly available accommodations). My point was simply that knowing a person engages in one behaviour does not mean it can be assumed that they necessarily engage in another behaviour. For example: I buy wine occasionally, but I don't drink it (it's a nice hostess gift); I live in Saskatchewan, but I am not, nor am I related to any farmers; I speak without a noticable accent (in North America), but I am not American... these are all assumptions that people have made about me based on the flawed logic that the former being true necessarily means the latter is true. The same goes for people who have sex on their balconies - NOTHING can be assumed about their habits regarding cleanliness. :)

I'm a hand washer. I'm a surface wiper. I have to say, though, that I am definitely more concerned about norovirus, mononucleosis, hepatitis A, and even the common cold than I am with possibly coming in contact with a surface that someone has had sex on. There are no STDs that will survive outside the body long enough to make me or my loved ones sick (and affect our enjoyment of our cruise) - it's just really, really, really disgusting.

Actually, I beleive you know which posts I meant-that come off sounding like adolescent braggarts, I never meant all did.

Well, back to the point, I do not really care, as I said, what others do. I have never seen anyone having sex on ship-and if I did-I would turn away-I certainly would not watch a private moment between two people.

Yes, I'm sorry I "snapped" at you like that. I realized when I re-read your post that I had misinterpreted it. I think I was just irritated by the other posts that seemed quite insulting to those who just answered the questions with general personal experience or suggestions.

Some posts do sound like teenagers (of either gender) in their respective locker rooms.

beachchick

Edited by beachchick

• 6 years later...
I know I have not asked this question for a few years...but if my dear wife and I wanted to have "romance" on the deck of a Getaway spa suite, would we have privacy?

If you are both 2 feet 3 inches tall- privacy isn't the issue! Balconies are teeeeny on Heatway, even in the suites with the exception of the aft balconies and the DOS! OS

1. You are on vacation:cool:
  2. The crew can see everything - and have already:p
  3. Go for it:D
  4. Just F... it:o

We were on the Bow cam TV and confined most to after dark but we also had a hot tub on our balcony.... but maybe TMI...:)

What am awesome discussion. Not about the UDP, or the UBP. Not about tipping, concierges, porters, or announcements. Not the dreaded updated DSC! Sex!:o Whoopie! Even you, terrymtex01 seemed to get caught up in the debate and I think wrongly - not a really uptight person from my re-memory of your posts... A truly great topic - better than tipping unless I get the rules wrong...:eek:

LOL Terry! I gotta kind of agree with you there. However, there's a thrill factor involved that doesn't necessarily include the desire for voyeurism. JMHO :)

I can hear Bob Eubanks now.. "What's the most unusual place you've ever made whoopee?":eek:

Yeah, but posting the plans on a message board kinda DOES include the desire for voyeurism, no?

Let your passion take you where've it leads, don't let the prudes tell you otherwise, you won't be the first, and won't be the last. People engage in their activities in hotels and people accept this, a cruise ship is a floating hotel/resort so all the same, let it fly

*Living large one week at a time*

If it is on your bucket list, go for it. Yes, take caution, there are cameras around, probably no close ups, but they will not know you next week and if we all take too many precautions, life can be very dull. Yes, I am a broad minded (?) person and realize you may offend others, but you can be very discreet and still enjoy yourselves. Live while you can, the purple velvet is unavoidable.

I skipped most of the 9 pages, so sorry if I am repeating.

Make sure your side panels are basically as opaque as possible. If they're translucent...avoid light sources (shadows). In the daylight--step out there and look up, and down. If you can see ANY balconies or decks--they can see you. Avoid the railing, remind yourself that some people book and use balconies to smoke (even when told not to), so at any point anybody may be right outside. Keep that in mind, and please...be mindful of noise!

Enjoy yourself. Absolutely. But don't forget that you're not truly "alone".

Best wishes!

Edited by drhall

What am awesome discussion. Not about the UDP, or the UBP. Not about tipping, concierges, porters, or announcements. Not the dreaded updated DSC! Sex!:o Whoopie! Even you, terrymtex01 seemed to get caught up in the debate and I think wrongly - not a really uptight person from my re-memory of your posts... A truly great topic - better than tipping unless I get the rules wrong...:eek:

Because those problems didn't exist when this thread started 7 years ago. Life was simpler then and people less demanding.:D

Just realized that this is a 7 year old thread..

It was the OP that brought it back to life! Lol!

I was a bit foggy about this, but the BF assured me while we were in a Spa Haven, we also used the balcony for this purpose one night!!! I clearly had a lot to drink! We were generally out until very late, so hopefully the neighbors were fast asleep! We had met the couple on one side of us several times and they were newlyweds so hopefully, they would have understood if they did hear us romping around out there. They certainly never said anything!! [emoji13]

I love this thread because it demonstrates how much respect, humor, kindness and maturity experienced cruisers can bring to the table... uh... or balcony... whatever!

congratulations on your 25 years together - something that deserves to be celebrated on any available surface that suits your fancy!

cheers,

kc

oops! 7 year old thread? well hopefully they're celebrating 32 years these days :-)

Edited by kz1231

• 1 year later...
I love this thread because it demonstrates how much respect, humor, kindness and maturity experienced cruisers can bring to the table... uh... or balcony... whatever!

congratulations on your 25 years together - something that deserves to be celebrated on any available surface that suits your fancy!

cheers,

kc

oops! 7 year old thread? well hopefully they're celebrating 32 years these days :-)

We just celebrated 33 years together!