Paris Hotel Recommendation?

We will be in Paris from September 4th to 7th and will be let off ship at Le Havre.

We need to find transportation to Paris, does anyone have any recommendations?

We also would like a reasonable hotel in the Latin Quarter perhaps. Any suggestions?

Thanks, all info will be appreciated.

My sister and brother-in-law are taking a Princess cruise next year and going from Le Havre to Paris. They talked to Princess and arranged to go into Paris on one of the Tour busses that take passengers in for the day. That might be something to look at. I think they get dropped off at the Eiffel Tower.

We were in Paris this past spring, stayed in the Rue Cler area (I know, not what you were looking for) but we loved the Hotel Relais Bousquet.

You might try looking at www.tripadvisor.com for recommendations. Just search for Paris hotels and you'll get some good advice from people who have been there.

Good luck.

PrivateEye,

I have used www.venere.com several times. When you get to Paris thread, check 5th arrondissement, which is the Latin Quarter. It will give you all hotels available for your dates or if you click the number of star hotel you want it will give you just those. You get a prompt response from them and do not pay anything until you check into your hotel. Each listing will have a place to check the hotel as well as locate it on the map. I usually try to locate one fairly close to a metro.

You might check out the Best Western Le Jardin de Cluny. My sister and I stayed here for a land vacation a couple of years ago. A nice small hotel not far from the main Latin Quarter area. It was an easy walk to Notre Dame and there is a metro stop just around the corner. It was a very convenient location on a quiet side street. They also had a breakfast room but it wasn't included in our rate and we found it expensive so we just frequented a bakery that was near the metro stop. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay here.

• 2 weeks later...

We settled on the Hotel Diana and |I hope we're not wrong. The reviews were all very very good and the price is simply too good to pass up.

Thank you for all your help and input everyone. I love all the cruisecritic people on this site.:D

• 3 weeks later...

This is a chain that has hotels in Paris. They are reasonable, clean, comfortable beds and also serve continental breakfast (included with room stay). We had delicious croissants with our breakfast -- chocolate ones. There was ham, cheese, croissants, etc.

Archived