Teen Zone ~ What to expect

girlygirlsx2

Can anyone provide some input on the level of supervision and activities in the "Loft" or teen zone (ages 13-17) on the Zuiderdam? I have 13 year old daughters that are excited to be cruising and are looking forward to a bit of responsibility, and time away from us:rolleyes: I was very satisfied with the kids programs on RCL , in part because my kids were among the oldest and I knew they could handle themselves appropriately. In the teen zone they will be among the youngest. Does anyone know what I can expect? Thanks, Sailing is three weeks form today!

We were on the Zuiderdam last year in early December, and there was a total of 32 children aboard. Most of the time, my 13 year old was the only teen in the Loft and there was no direct supervision, though the staff was next door at Club Hal. We received a daily schedule of Loft activities, though to my knowledge, no activity was ever done. I assume due to the lack of participants.

My son could go to Club Hal and did, especially when they went to the arcade and were allowed to play free for several hours.

I think what you can expect depends on the number of children aboard and whether or not they go to the Loft. I don't know if the Loft has changed, but it was kind of a dark room with seating areas and video screens/games. We could go there and check things out whenever we wanted.

If you are sailing three weeks from today, I imagine there will be many more children and your daughter's experiences will be different. That said, I absolutely would be keeping an eye on them, as they can come and go from the Loft as they please.

Have a great cruise.

Archived