Cruise Luggage Tags

Fred C

I'm flying into Fort Lauderdale Friday and staying in a hotel . I'm sailing on IOS the next

day Saturday.

Should I put my Royal Caribbean luggage tags on BEFORE I fly

to Florida or the next day when I actually board the ship? Thanks

They know it belongs at Ft. Lauderdale airport so it will get there eventually. You may have to go back to pick it up. If it does not arrive before your ship leaves, you can ask them to forward it to your first port of call and then make arrangements to pick it up there. DO NOT put your RCI tags on it before you are ready to board the ship. It will only add to the confusion.

Since the airlines seem to make a habit of losing luggage with only THEIR tags on it, I'd wait to put the ship tags on! I always stick my contact info in an outside pocket of my locked luggage, so should it get lost, they can find me! My cell phone #, my itinerary....stuff like that goes in every bag I check.

It only takes a second to put the ship tags on!

Like cb, I place a detailed itinerary including every way I (and everyone in my reservation) can be contacted during the trip in one of the outer pockets of each piece of luggage. I also indicate on the luggage tag that is for my contact information that there is a detailed itinerary in the outer pocket.

I wait until I get to the pier to attach the RCI.

Put your personal contact info on (name and cell number) and/or hotel name and number and your name. If luggage gets lost they can call hotel and you can pick up.

I put on my luggage tag with name, home and home address and a second one that says "11/21/07 Days Inn, number and my name". Then when we got to hotel, I took that one off and put the cruise line tags on. No lost luggage.

I add our cruise tag to our itinerary and contact numbers and put them in a zip lock in the outside pouch of the suitcase. Baggage handlers at the airport said that way they can put the cruise tag on and send it to the ship.

Hi CVU! How are you doing?

Back on topic...I also put my itinerary with contact numbers for not only my cell, the hotel and cruise line but also the airlines own lost luggage 800 number just in case someone else grabs my bag by accident. I do like the idea of putting the cruise line baggage tags with that! Great idea! Thanks!

Hi CVU! How are you doing?

Back on topic...I also put my itinerary with contact numbers for not only my cell, the hotel and cruise line but also the airlines own lost luggage 800 number just in case someone else grabs my bag by accident. I do like the idea of putting the cruise line baggage tags with that! Great idea! Thanks!

Hi, just fine thank you, got home Sat. from our B2B on the Navigator of the Seas. Great cruise with Captain Bang!! Good weather for all out ports. He did a great job and attended both our M&M.

Archived