How many laps make a mile? Dumb Question?

Life's a Beach!!

For the record... this is our first cruise and my sister wanted to know how many laps around the Triumph (excluding pit stops to the bars) make a mile. Thanks for your response!!

Not a dumb question at all. Usually it is posted on the jogging/walking track. I believe on the Triumph one eighth of a mile track

It is posted on the track wall. It is 11. It's 9 on the freedom. Walking the track is really only exercise early morning or supper time and later. During the day, many people are strolling and even lounging around or chit chatting. But still if you're walking, you're burning calories right? !!!

Actually a mile is about 2000- 2500 steps. I wear a pedometer and with my stride at 2'4" that's what 1 mile equals. 10,000 steps is what is recommended that an individual walk a day. 10,000 steps is 4-4.5 miles. We went to Disneyworld after last our cruise and routinely walked 9-10 miles/day approx 23,000-25,000 steps.

Archived