Enchantment after streching?

39august

My understanding is she's going into drydock in May of 2005. My concern is what condition she'll be in for those who sail on her between now and then. I can't see the company putting alot of money into regular maintenance, when she's due for a complete rebuild and refurbishment in May. I hope I'm wrong, since there's a very good chance I'll be on her in January.

We sailed her last month. She is in excellent condition and I don't see them not maintaining her. We had dinner with the Operating Engineer who is responsible for overseeing the "stretching". He said they will begin building the middle extension in January, which he will oversee. In May the ship will go into dry dock, be cut in half the the middle extension that they built between January and May will be inserted and voila, a new, now Radiance-class Enchantment will be born. She is expected to be back in service in July. 6 weeks total to complete the changes.

Archived