Online cruise sales

Willie T

I've always just told our TA the date and ship, and she does everything else. We love her. Well, there are some great sales out there right now at some of the big vacation agencys. If I wanted to take advantage of the sale, could my TA use them on my behalf? Or would I have to book with them myself? I like to deal with a real person, and won't put CC numbers on the internet (ya ya, paranoid). I'am drooling here, good sales.

I've always just told our TA the date and ship, and she does everything else. We love her. Well, there are some great sales out there right now at some of the big vacation agencys. If I wanted to take advantage of the sale, could my TA use them on my behalf? Or would I have to book with them myself? I like to deal with a real person, and won't put CC numbers on the internet (ya ya, paranoid). I'am drooling here, good sales.

You can call the online agencies and get a quote, then see if your local TA will match the rate.

All I am going to say is never use a credit card at all if you do not want the numbers on the Internet, as that is how ALL banking transactions are completed, you need to deal with cash only, including from your employer.

Now having said that, why would your TA want to work with another TA so that she/he could do all the work, and only get a part of the commission?

Ya, I know about everything already being all over the internet, just something I need to get over.

My TA does not work on commission. It's a world wide co., and she told me this way, the employees won't be stealing each others clients. Any way, she has been so good to us, I hate to take my business elsewhere. Will call her tomorrow I guess and see what she has to say.

Thank you everyone. Have a nice Turkey Day.

WillieT: I hope you have been following the threads about the failure of Cruise Value Center. They folded and didn't pay the cruise lines the money collected from customers.

I got my money back within a day because fraudulent credit card transactions are covered by the bank under Federal law.

Others who paid by cash or check, most likely lost all of their money.

Whether you book via the web, by phone, or face to face, the biggest lesson-learned is to ALWAYS use a credit card.

BTW... I keep 2 major cards. I use one all the time and the other one is available as a backup in-case my primary card gets compromised.

Happy Sailin!

Archived