Price on cruise reduced same day I booked-HELP!

Another ship trip

I have booked many cruises but haven't had this problem before. I booked 2 more rooms for relatives last Thursday afternoon for the Norwegian Sea with one of the internet big companies that starts with cruise so we now have 4 cabins going. The same day within about an hour or so, the same exact cabins were listing for 50.00 less per cabin. I called my agent back and she had already left. I spoke with someone else in customer service who said matching the price should not be a problem (on the two new bookings) but wait to talk to agent. I called back yesterday and was told by someone else that Norwegian had sent the docs already and would not lower rates. Today I talked with my agent who was back after being gone two days and she said Norwegian would not make the adjustment either because docs had already shipped. Today I talked with Sheila at Norwegian and she said docs had not shipped out yet and that I would have to call back yet again tomorrow. Someone is confused, I think. Hmmm. I printed out the page that shows the difference in price and am about ready to dispute it with my credit card. Everyone is putting it off on everyone else and the travel agent is saying nothing can be done-she can just send me a "coupon book". Big Whoop. We already have 2 cabins and added 2 more and all I am asking is for them to match the price that it was selling for on their website on the SAME day and is currently showing as well. Has anyone had any problems like this? I have spent a couple hours now getting the run around and ultimately, will likely not get credited the whopping 50.00 per cabin difference. (I wanted the cheapest room and now there is one that is 250.00 per cabin cheaper!) If you have some advice, or have experienced similar, what did you do that fixed the problem? I was told to talk to guest relations tomorrow at NCL but I am about to give up. If it were my money, I would but it is my mom's and sister's so I want to get them the price they also saw it for on that day.

To be honest, if the docs have been sent I am not sure there is much that can be done. We are going on the Sea this Saturday, I just spoke with someone who is getting their cabin for $100 less than us, same deck, etc. This happens. I don't know when he booked, but it's like an airline ticket or hotel room. Pretty much you agree on a price: to have it happen the same day sucks I agree. I still don't think there is much that can be done. Keep us posted will you? Last year, not the same day, but the price on our Celebrity cruise went down, but nothing would give us a better price or better cabin. Of course I am not certain our agent tried very hard. Again, good luck,

NMNita

After much time on phone to both cruise line and agent, bottom line--too bad--no reduction. The people at NCL said yes, then when called back, a very curt NO--no changes within the 75 day time period. Didn't matter that the changed price was within 2 hours of my booking. There should be a same day policy! This is the reason that I wait until the LAST MINUTE to book. I booked a bit over two weeks ahead. Next time I will wait until the two week or under window. I know that the cruise could be sold out, but that is a risk I am willing to take. I couldn't do this on this trip as I was adding two rooms for 4 more family members and wanted to be sure they got on with us. Oh well.....

I went through the same exact thing in Sept.

My rate went down 200.00 per cabin plus they offered on board credit of 150.00.

I got know where with NCL. Curt isnt the word for it.

They were down right ignorant.

Overall cruise was excellent. Dawn 9/12/04 but NCL phone staff need some training on customer service.

Have fun...

After much time on phone to both cruise line and agent, bottom line--too bad--no reduction. The people at NCL said yes, then when called back, a very curt NO--no changes within the 75 day time period. Didn't matter that the changed price was within 2 hours of my booking. There should be a same day policy! This is the reason that I wait until the LAST MINUTE to book. I booked a bit over two weeks ahead. Next time I will wait until the two week or under window. I know that the cruise could be sold out, but that is a risk I am willing to take. I couldn't do this on this trip as I was adding two rooms for 4 more family members and wanted to be sure they got on with us. Oh well.....

Actually it is ultimately NOT me paying--the cabins are for my mother and sister and her kids who decided to go with us at the last minute since my father, my mom's husband, just died recently and unexpectedly and she did not want to spend the holiday alone. I suggested this cruise (as my family was already booked) and said i would get the best rate possible as she is not full of money with the funeral expenses and many other things that i will not go into. Bottom line--if you buy something at store A and find it cheaper the same day at store B by 50-250 dollars, would you not take it back and buy it at the cheaper price? I would and I have. It is simply being a smart and attentive consumer.

Regarding the 24 hour policy, I was told I would have to talk to my TA who was on her days off for two and a half days. She had already left when I called her back that afternoon to have the price matched.

Seeing that NCL does give a 24hr grace period from the time you book & pay for your reservation to make any changes w/o incurring any penalties (even if sailing is within 75 days), I'm not understanding the problem w/ NCL... If anything another t/a should've offered their assistance since your t/a was out of the office. The are all within the same company, maybe you should get on them for you not getting the lowest rates.

Your lucky, we booked on norwegian sea leaving out of Huston on 20NOV04 and the price dropped $200.00 pp! I talked to Corporte at NCL and it is realy up to the travel agent you bought from to match the price, if it is within 30 days of departure they don't have to do anything. I finally got to a manager at where I booked from and at least got an upgrade to a stateroom that was going for about the same price. It took me over 6 hrs on the phone to get it but I finally got something for my money. Good Luck, I wouldnt' expect a refund but maybe you can get an upgrade, if your on our cruise maybe we'll bump into you!

Archived