Beware if you booked with Cruise Value Center

Mamanance

My huband and I and two couples booked with Cruise Value Center for a Feb. 09 cruise on the Costa Fortuna. There was a rate reduction on this cruise that I found while checking out Costa's web site. I called CVC and my agent agreed to refund money to us. I kept checking my credit card statement and it never showed up. I left three phone messages and they were all unanswered. Finally I emailed her, only to get an auto response that they had gone out of business. I had paid this entire cruise off and the insurance and they took off with my money. Bank of America immediately refunded my whole payment. Thank goodness. But beware and if you are booked with them, check it out. Also I am going on the Mariner next week and I called RC a month ago and their rates had been reduced, I think for senior and we got back $440 and it was applied immediately to my credit card. RC told me to call for discounts right up until the day before she sails, so keep that in mind. That was so nice to get that nice hunk of change back on that one.

Sadly there have been other CCers that have had the same problem as you due to CVC...including one person just a week or two ago that had a final payment never applied by CVC. Luckily RCI allowed that person to sail anyway.

You weren't the first to report it here and I am betting you won't be the last. :(

Glad your CC company was able to step in.

Archived