In cabins does Carnival still offer...

veryhotred

They have the baskets but you cannot depend on what will be in them. Sometimes it is toothpaste samples (but not enough for a whole week), sometimes razors, it just depends on what freebies they got from companies and what your particular steward picked up. If you don't get what you need, you can ask your cabin steward, and if they have any he will bring it, but if they don't you are out of luck. I always bring my own anyway, so I know I will have something I like.

All we had this last cruise on Glory a few weeks ago was gum, mens' disposable razor, women's disposable razor (garbage-I cut myself) and one travel size toothpaste. That was all. It's the least we've ever gotten.

I second Mach's post.

We just returned from the Splendor today - ours was very similar. Two razors, one package of Pepcid Complete and a series of "single use" Crest toothpaste samples (foil packets - one of each flavor: vanilla, cinnamon, mint and wintergreen).

Not nearly the variety and choices that I am used too - but yes they still have some goodies.

Inspiration:

IMG_0714.jpg

Conquest:

IMG_1319.jpg

Splendor:

IMG_2353.jpg

All this year and the Splendor two weeks ago...

I was thinking we got jipped on the Destiny until I saw your last picture from the Splendor. We had a pretty nice assortment of stuff on the Liberty in '07. On the Destiny all we got were the 2 razors and 1 tube of toothpaste. But we did get it replenished on the 2nd leg! :rolleyes:

Looks like the samples are just another cutback in the current climate.

Goodness, looking at your cruise history...you must live at the port! :eek: Need a roommate? :D

DJ

funny I was thinking the same thing about "living at the port"

looks like he has started to slow down though...only one so far in 2008??:eek:

Thanks everyone!! I was just to surprised when we took our first cruise, aboard a Carnival ship, and had a basket waiting! :) Of course the things in the shower was great too, I ended up coming home and buying the body wash that was used in the shower!!

Inspiration:

IMG_0714.jpg

Conquest:

IMG_1319.jpg

Splendor:

IMG_2353.jpg

All this year and the Splendor two weeks ago...

Thanks so much for the pics, wow! I ask and I get pics?!! You do not disappoint..lol..Anything is great, I look forward to seeing what we get. I hope I get the Pepcid, I have a terrible stomach and want to try those!!!

I second Mach's post.

We just returned from the Splendor today - ours was very similar. Two razors, one package of Pepcid Complete and a series of "single use" Crest toothpaste samples (foil packets - one of each flavor: vanilla, cinnamon, mint and wintergreen).

Not nearly the variety and choices that I am used too - but yes they still have some goodies.

We had those sample foil packets of toothpaste on our first cruise..as a matter of fact I just found one in an old suit case recently..lol..Any goodies are good for me!! Thanks for sharing

Archived