Holiday-CAT 1A Upper

rcrx

I booked the cheapest deal I could find on the Holiday and it appears they stuck me in the broom closet. Not complaining..to much.(I get what I pay for)

Just wondering if anyone knows how small these rooms really are...Im in the bunkbed room. I had the chance to take one of the rooms in the absolute rear of the ship- or the aft for all you would be sailors. The rear room looks as if I would be over the engine, but bigger. I let Canrival assign room thinking I was past guest & maybe would get better room.. WRONG.

So am I going to have one foot in the shower and one in the bed at nite??

Thanks...

I booked the cheapest deal I could find on the Holiday and it appears they stuck me in the broom closet. Not complaining..to much.(I get what I pay for)

Just wondering if anyone knows how small these rooms really are...Im in the bunkbed room. I had the chance to take one of the rooms in the absolute rear of the ship- or the aft for all you would be sailors. The rear room looks as if I would be over the engine, but bigger. I let Canrival assign room thinking I was past guest & maybe would get better room.. WRONG.

Thanks...

Well it's been awhile since I was on Holiday, but the friends we sailed with did have a 1a. While they are a bit smaller than the regular inside, you won't be that cramped. If it just you in the cabin alone, the top bunk will remain hidden in the ceiling. Due to the fact that there is only one bed, you will find more open space than with 2 beds. The bathroom seemed the same size as the other cabins. Storage was the same.

As you said, It got you on the ship and if your not planning alot of time in the cabin you will be all set. Have a fun cruise. We had a great time on Holiday, an good old ship.

Those rooms are very large. Only one bed on the floor. Top bed is the best. You can look out the window.

It was the first room I ever had and it spoiled me a bit in the way have room in the room.

We dont have a window..looks as if we are in a hall.. hall closet that is. Yes there are two of us and I already have been "given" the top bunk. It sounds as if it may be ok. Hey we are on the ship..just have to stay out of the room as much as possible.

Thanks for the replys!!

We dont have a window..looks as if we are in a hall.. hall closet that is. Yes there are two of us and I already have been "given" the top bunk. It sounds as if it may be ok. Hey we are on the ship..just have to stay out of the room as much as possible.

Thanks for the replys!!

After being on a Navy ship in a troop compartment, you learn to get the upper bunk if you can. Of course the bunks are 5 high. So if the guy on the top bunk gets seasick, he shares it with the four guys below him. Of course this usually starts a chain reaction.

You will be fine. The room is going to be larger than you think.

Dave

Thanks...

The aft 1A cabins on the Holiday have a vibration but also have huge windows. I would take one of those, especially if the forward porthole ones are not available. Either way, they should be large enough.

Archived