How many bathing suits?

Life's a Beach!!

I usually bring 3 if I have them - usually the older ones that I can toss if something happens.

True story - brought 1 brand new bikini, 2 older bikinis in 2006. The material 'let go' on the top of one of them during the cruise, and it became all puckered (not very attractive, lol). We went snorkeling with the stingrays while I was wearing the other old one, and it's a good thing I had brought a wrap with me for afterwards - DH took one look at the bottoms when I was changing and told me he could see 'it all'! The salt had made the material threadbare - definitely not that way beforehand, or I would not have worn it!

The new one survived. :) Gave me an excuse to shop for another one though!

Honestly though, I also hate wearing wet bathing suits. :eek:

No laughing.....on my last 8 day cruise I brought 12 bathing suits. :eek: Hey, a girl never knows what she is gonna want to wear!

On our first cruise, I brought 2/day...one bikini for morning, a dress for lunch in the dining room, a second bikini for afternoon...but we were also in FL before and after...so more than 15! :D At least they don't take up much room.

I normally only take one, but last time I took 3 because I had bought 3 new bathing suits and wanted to wear them all.

I took 3 for my 3 year old, also, but again, 2 of those were new, and the 3rd was his normal suit in case he threw a hissy fit over the other 2.

DH only took 2, and he was fine. I'll probably just pack 2 for all of us next time - I never had to put on a wet suit when I just took one, but I like the idea of having a backup.

I am going on the Legend in January-7 day cruise. I am taking 4 swimsuits. One is a one piece just for snorkeling with the stingrays (just feel more comfortable in it). The other 3 are for at the pool and beaches in ports. 2 I really like, the third is a spare. Depending on time of year you cruise, you may be surprised at how long it can take swimsuits to dry hanging in a humid bathroom. I hate wearing a damp suit...YUCK!!

I like to have choices in my clothing and would rather have a little too much than want something I didn't bring.

Archived