Independent Tour - Sitka

Cattravel10

For the past two years, I have done the Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest through the ship. This next June am thinking of doing something different, but the same kind of excursion. Who has booked with whom and how was your experience. And, how many people on the boat. I prefer a more personalized experience. Thanks!!

Thx everyone for your responses. I've decided to go with Capt. Davey. It sounds wonderful. Now for my next question, does anyone have their E-mail address. I tried alaskadavey@qci.net and it came back to me. Hmmmm!

GCI isn't the most reliable Internet/email provider in the world. It's almost certain to be just a temporary bump in the service - try it again later.

We did the sea kayaking trip through HAL's shore excursions and weren't disappointed. It was really fun - took a Zodiac (bumpy ride!) out to a secluded cove, then got into two-man kayaks with 3 or 4 kayaks to each guide. The paddling was smooth and easy, even though it was raining it was gorgeous! We saw tons and tons of HUGE jellyfish in the water, it was just spectacular! Lots of eagles too. They pulled up a crab trap to show us as well. Our particular guide was very familiar having grown up in Sitka, and he told us many stories about the area, it was so much fun!

Archived