Live from the Zuiderdam!

Jesterscourt

Hi everyone; this will be brief until I return on 12/9 mainly because the internet is so slow on the ship and costly. So here I am across the street in the Renaissance Hotel in Aruba in the fitness/business center $8/hour. As you may have heard, we skipped Half Moon Cay due to rough seas so we had 2 sea days in a row and nobody complained. We were therefore able to land in Aruba 7 AM instead of noon and the captain is staying until 11 PM instead of 10. We had a small electrical closet fire on board 2 nights ago around 11 PM which had everyone on edge for about 30 minutes and I have to say, all that practicing paid off. The response team handled that emergency expertly and quickly as if they were giving a clinic on it. We are still congratulating the crew on the way they handled that and there is no damage or smell, etc. Weather was a bit rainy on and off in Aruba today, but it cooled things down and everyone enjoyed the tours, beach, Jolly Pirate rope swinging, etc.! I will also go on record to say that these are the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on and hardly any lunesta or ambien is being used by anybody! And finally, the food has been excellent. They have really stepped this up and waits and lines have been manageable even though we have 1900 passengers on board. More to follow if time permits and certainly at the end of the trip when I also hope to be able to answer the eternal question of which excursion to take in Panama (we have opted for the Embera Indian Village as highly recommended by Richard, the port lecturer.) We will spend the next week forgetting the Recession and focus on whether to get room service or eat in the Pinnacle Grille!

Hi everyone; this will be brief until I return on 12/9 mainly because the internet is so slow on the ship and costly. So here I am across the street in the Renaissance Hotel in Aruba in the fitness/business center $8/hour. As you may have heard, we skipped Half Moon Cay due to rough seas so we had 2 sea days in a row and nobody complained. We were therefore able to land in Aruba 7 AM instead of noon and the captain is staying until 11 PM instead of 10. We had a small electrical closet fire on board 2 nights ago around 11 PM which had everyone on edge for about 30 minutes and I have to say, all that practicing paid off. The response team handled that emergency expertly and quickly as if they were giving a clinic on it. We are still congratulating the crew on the way they handled that and there is no damage or smell, etc. Weather was a bit rainy on and off in Aruba today, but it cooled things down and everyone enjoyed the tours, beach, Jolly Pirate rope swinging, etc.! I will also go on record to say that these are the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on and hardly any lunesta or ambien is being used by anybody! And finally, the food has been excellent. They have really stepped this up and waits and lines have been manageable even though we have 1900 passengers on board. More to follow if time permits and certainly at the end of the trip when I also hope to be able to answer the eternal question of which excursion to take in Panama (we have opted for the Embera Indian Village as highly recommended by Richard, the port lecturer.) We will spend the next week forgetting the Recession and focus on whether to get room service or eat in the Pinnacle Grille!

Thanks Jestercourt for your posting. I know how hard it is to tear yourself away from having fun. Go enjoy but keep us posted. Glad everything went well with the little crisis onboard.

Too bad, it was too rough to head for HMC, I know the Texas cruisers were going to share the Oasis. We'll look forward to taking the baton hand off when you get back. DH and I are doing JP in Aruba as well. But, I think we'll stick with the canal experience this time. We should have a little time to shop the Embera and Kuna at the dock.

Keep posting! Tell Dee and MamaT Hi from the 12/9 board!

I am organizing our Meet & Greet. As soon as I get my cabin assignment, I will contact them for final instructions. At that time, I will ask about the shipbuilding contest again. We have decided, if it is not offered we will do our own. So there! ;)

Thanks for all of your updates. I am planning to be on board the Zuiderdam for the December 9th sailing. I am in the process of packing now, so I won't forget anything. This will be my 2nd time on the Zuiderdam; so I am looking forward to another enjoyable cruise.

Thanks for all of your updates. I am planning to be on board the Zuiderdam for the December 9th sailing. I am in the process of packing now, so I won't forget anything. This will be my 2nd time on the Zuiderdam; so I am looking forward to another enjoyable cruise.

We would still like for you to come join us on the roll call. I know we are getting close to the cruise date, but we are still planning some get togethers and would like for you to express your opinion.

I am organizing our Meet & Greet. As soon as I get my cabin assignment, I will contact them for final instructions. At that time, I will ask about the shipbuilding contest again. We have decided, if it is not offered we will do our own. So there! ;)

Good for you, Cruisinetta! Have a great cruise-- we're on the Jan. 28th cruise!:D

Archived