Acai Berry and Atkins

ILOVEMEXICO

I recently read about Acai berry and was just wondering if anyone has taken this while on Atkins. I've been trying to stay on induction but so many events are going on that it is so hard - I have lost a little in inches as some of the clothes fit better but not alot of weight so am considering taking the Acai Berry. Please let me know if you've any any success with it while on Atkins.

Thanks

I am originally from Brazil, where Acai originates. It's a croc what America has done to destroy this great food by adding crap to it (re: MonaVie, etc).

It's a wonderful fruit. To me it has a chocolate/berry taste.

I can't speak regarding how it affects Atkins. I do know it's a great fruit for smoothies, with granola, etc. You can buy pure Acai frozen fruit at Whole Foods, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Acai berry juice is a pure quality product that contains high essential fatty acids and omegas and the juice contains 10-30 times more antioxidants than grape. Antioxidants help in removal of the toxic wastes from the body. And it also a goot weight loss supplement...

I also downed two bottles of Mon Vie (biggest waste of money). First, anything you get in this country from the Amazon of the acai berry is in powdered form and reconstituted. While it packs a good punch, it is probably so much healthier and tons cheaper to eat fresh or frozen blueberries or other dark berries. Acai is a great antioxident but so are many other fresh fruits and vegs. that come in fresh form in the US.

The Acai berry's rep. as a diet aid is totally lacking in truthfulness. Spend your money elsewhere.

From someone who lost about 40 lbs. the right way- exercise and healthful eating- it can be done!

At Whole Foods or a Brazilian market you can buy pure frozen Acai..imported..if you must have it, splurge the 6.00 for the 5 packs and use it as a treat. Makes great smoothies.

I also downed two bottles of Mon Vie (biggest waste of money). First, anything you get in this country from the Amazon of the acai berry is in powdered form and reconstituted. While it packs a good punch, it is probably so much healthier and tons cheaper to eat fresh or frozen blueberries or other dark berries. Acai is a great antioxident but so are many other fresh fruits and vegs. that come in fresh form in the US.

The Acai berry's rep. as a diet aid is totally lacking in truthfulness. Spend your money elsewhere.

From someone who lost about 40 lbs. the right way- exercise and healthful eating- it can be done!

RE: Acai-- Spoke to someone at a health food place yesterday--he also agrees that the stuff sold in the US is far from pure in form. He also doubts that it really helps you lose weight, but did say it was a great antioxident (like many other common fruits in the US). I agree with ConnieG--nothing works better than exercise and diet--not dieting--diet. Portion control is huge--keep a diary--most people are shocked to see how much they really eat in a day. It also keeps me from overeating--I don't want to write down the 5 cookies I just inhaled, so I don't eat them! Good luck to everyone on this board who is losin' to cruise. I'm starting today...8 pounds by March 13!

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived