Transportation from FLL to Port of Miami?

veryhotred

We are flying into FLL early for our January cruise and have booked with SAS Transportation to pick our group of 13 up on Sunday morning and transport us to Port of Miami. I was a little nervous yesterday because I noticed that a few others on our role call had booked him for the same day so I emailed him with my concerns. Here was his response:

No need to be nervous as I have plenty of vehicles to cover up to 249 passengers at one time if needed.

I have dedicated a van with luggage trailer for your group and we can pick you up at your hotel and then go to the airport to pick up the other 4 and then we go to the Port of Miami.

I guarantee you have nothing to worry about. If anything goes wrong, which it will not, I will pay for your cruise.

I am good at what I do that is why you see and read so many good reviews about myself and my company. I treat my passengers just like they are my friends which you do become once you ride with us.

Happy holidays,

Steven Sadowsky

SAS Transportation

1-954-600-0240

www.ridesas.com

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Depending on how many people you have, there are different options. We had a group of 5 going from FLL to Miami Beach and used Top Shuttle. We also used them for a group of 14 going from hotel to port the next day, and used them to go from port to FLL after the cruise. They were prompt (actually early), professional and reasonable. You can book in advance and pay them at the time of the ride, too. There is also GoShuttle which is right at the airport....but you may just have to make stops to drop others off. You can Google Florida Shuttles and find other options (limo's, etc). Also check the threads for Florida under the

North American Homeports section of these threads and you will find other ideas.

Enjoy!:)

We are flying into FLL early for our January cruise and have booked with SAS Transportation to pick our group of 13 up on Sunday morning and transport us to Port of Miami. I was a little nervous yesterday because I noticed that a few others on our role call had booked him for the same day so I emailed him with my concerns. Here was his response:

No need to be nervous as I have plenty of vehicles to cover up to 249 passengers at one time if needed.

I have dedicated a van with luggage trailer for your group and we can pick you up at your hotel and then go to the airport to pick up the other 4 and then we go to the Port of Miami.

I guarantee you have nothing to worry about. If anything goes wrong, which it will not, I will pay for your cruise.

I am good at what I do that is why you see and read so many good reviews about myself and my company. I treat my passengers just like they are my friends which you do become once you ride with us.

Happy holidays,

Steven Sadowsky

SAS Transportation

1-954-600-0240

www.ridesas.com

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Thank you so much!! I will look into this...I know when I sailed out of Port Canaveral I hired a private car and it was a great deal, took us right from our Disney resort to the pier and was there again when we got back but I cannot remember the name of the company :eek: He even let us stop to make a water run..lol..

HA....I was going to respond that I'd just booked Steven too.....

Thank you too..that makes me feel better knowing others have booked this too

Depending on how many people you have, there are different options. We had a group of 5 going from FLL to Miami Beach and used Top Shuttle. We also used them for a group of 14 going from hotel to port the next day, and used them to go from port to FLL after the cruise. They were prompt (actually early), professional and reasonable. You can book in advance and pay them at the time of the ride, too. There is also GoShuttle which is right at the airport....but you may just have to make stops to drop others off. You can Google Florida Shuttles and find other options (limo's, etc). Also check the threads for Florida under the

North American Homeports section of these threads and you will find other ideas.

Enjoy!:)

Thank you! I will look into Top as well...and the North American Homeport

Use the transportation by the cruise ship. It is less expensive and it will get you to the ship in a timely manner. Last May I took the advise of my travel agent and hired the service they recommended. We arrived at 10:30 and at noon they still had not picked us up. They finally showed up at 1:00 claiming that they had been waiting for us at another location (we saw the van pass twice in a 10 minute span of time after we made some frantic phone calls to the owner). We found out the the Carnival transportation was less expensive than our contracted price and we would not have had to wait. Also stay away from Miami 911 transportation, fellow cruisers had similar experience with that service.

Here is a quote I got from FL Limo..it is higher!!

Private van service from the Hollywood Beach to the Port of

Miami is $150.00, gratuity not included. You can contact us for pickup

after you have checked in to the hotel and have your room number.

Return van service from the Port of Miami to FLL is $175.75, which includes

gratuity and port fees. This transfer must be prepaid prior to pickup from

the port. The reservation can be secured on our website at

www.floridalimo.com. Please be sure to see the special note for passengers

traveling on a cruise, which is located on the Reservation and Fare Quote

System Page of the website. Follow these instructions to make your request.

Use the transportation by the cruise ship. It is less expensive and it will get you to the ship in a timely manner. Last May I took the advise of my travel agent and hired the service they recommended. We arrived at 10:30 and at noon they still had not picked us up. They finally showed up at 1:00 claiming that they had been waiting for us at another location (we saw the van pass twice in a 10 minute span of time after we made some frantic phone calls to the owner). We found out the the Carnival transportation was less expensive than our contracted price and we would not have had to wait. Also stay away from Miami 911 transportation, fellow cruisers had similar experience with that service.

Steven has a car waiting in the special area for limos etc. You call the cell phone number he gives you when you get to the baggage area. Works fine. $15.00 each for the 2 of us. :)

And here is the last quote I emailed for:

Thank you for inquiring about your transportation through South Florida Shuttles.

Pick up from: Hotel Hollywood or FLL

Drop off at: Port of Miami

5 people

$75.00 for our Private Ride, which means no extra stops and no other passengers.

Plus 20%, which includes gratuity for the driver.

We will give you free upgrades to private rides if you make the reservation with us and we will also request one of our SUV's for you for all of the trips.

Last week we used Go Shuttle to get from FLL to Port of Miami. We literally walked out the door at baggage claim and it was there. We had 4 people, so they put us in a private town car. $75 total. Much, much cheaper than 4 people going on Carnival shuttle. Coming back we were in a private van, too. They charged us $20/person. In the Capers, it stated that Ship to FLL on Carnival Shuttle was $46/person. I never stress about how I'm getting to a Ship. There are plenty of options when you get there!:)

Archived