Is it a waste of money to have a balcony if it's cold outside??

9855donna

Hi all,

sorry for the dumb question but I'm thinking about a 1 night Cruise to Nowhere out of New York City the end of January.I really want a balcony but get the feeling it'll be soooo cold I won't want to use it.

Has anyone else used their balconies while cruising in cold weather?

Thanks.

PS;This is my very first cruise and I'm worried about getting sea sick....

If you are only doing a 1 night cruise, there really won't be a need for a balcony. I assume you will be out & about on the ship & not utilizing the balcony. If you want one, just make sure they have warm bathrobes !! :D

If you are only doing a 1 night cruise, there really won't be a need for a balcony. I assume you will be out & about on the ship & not utilizing the balcony. If you want one, just make sure they have warm bathrobes !! :D

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.I think I'll go with the April 30th cruise to nowhere.Then I don't have to worry too much about it being super cold.

Yes I do want to use my balcony.Maybe early morning to have my coffee and late evening with a nice cocktail...

Hopefully it doesn't make me feel seasick.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.I think I'll go with the April 30th cruise to nowhere.Then I don't have to worry too much about it being super cold.

Yes I do want to use my balcony.Maybe early morning to have my coffee and late evening with a nice cocktail...

Hopefully it doesn't make me feel seasick.

Good idea to move it back to April!;):D

my opinion...yes. And also a waste for a one night cruise. We went to alaska recently and had an OV, my in laws had a balcony and other than the last day didnt sped more than 30 minutes at a time out there. When we have had a balcony it has always been nice to sit out and have a meal, read, listen to music or just relax...especialy on sea days and sometimes for a long time...

my opinion...yes. And also a waste for a one night cruise. We went to alaska recently and had an OV, my in laws had a balcony and other than the last day didnt sped more than 30 minutes at a time out there. When we have had a balcony it has always been nice to sit out and have a meal, read, listen to music or just relax...especialy on sea days and sometimes for a long time...

It may seem like a waste for some but I get woozy on ships and I'm claustrophobic too.So a little room with no way to get fresh air would do me in for sure!

Hopefully I'll do better than I think I will....

Do you normally get seasick? If not, then don't worry too much about being seasick.

If you do normally have motion sickness, then take something for it!!! I get sick on a dock and sail without any problems because I use medications. However, for a one night cruise I think I'd be okay with just ginger tablets or a single Bonine/meclizine/less drowsy Dramamine.

And I wouldn't spend extra money on a balcony for a one night cruise, regardless of the temperature. There are lots of beautiful open decks up top that are free!

Archived