Carnival just raised the price of my cruise AGAIN !

mr jailerman

Go Meredith, Go !!! I needed you a few weeks ago, where were you:) Someone told me to "Stop whineing", just because I mentioned I was scared of extra costs when it comes to airlines, baggage size and weight, etc. I will be flying on an airline I have never flown :(

:eek: Quiet Whineing Bran8778 ! ;) :D :D

I am confused. Why are you angry(:mad:)? You are getting what you contracted for at the agreeded price. Word is no more OBC for price drops.

You can still get OBC or refund if the price drops before you enter the penalty phase, regardless of whether or not you have paid in full..

Just yesterday Forbes predicted HUGE discounts for cruises for 2009-2010

"...

Despite all this, here's some bright news, especially if you are looking for a trip this holiday or a unique gift for the four out of five people who have never experienced a cruise. Cheaper cruises rates are clearly ahead.

Prices for last-minute bookings now run at deep 75% to 85% discounts from standard rates. For example, consider a seven-night eastern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Liberty for $299 plus taxes and fees. These low prices are not uncommon. "

http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/03/carnival-royal-caribbean-pf-ii-in_rm_1203latam_inl.html?partner=yahootix

I'm not upset because of the price that I DID agree to. I am upset because everyday I share in the joy of everyone here at cruisecritic telling of how their cruise prices keep dropping and they keep getting two or three on-board credits which I REALLY do think is great !(Which by the way you CAN still get as long as your not in Final Payment time) My point is that I also would love a little OBC..:D And yet my cruise has been raised 3 times in two months.. I think that's the price of sailing from New York City though..:confused:

I have been on 13 cruises, and NONE of them have gone down in price after I book them. I usually look at it differently, though - by booking early, often 12 to 18 months out, I lock in a great rate, then I can sit back and watch the prices go up, knowing I got a great deal to begin with. I sail out of New Orleans, so it's a similar situation. I'm sure if we wanted to fly to FL for every cruise, we could get some better prices - but I'll stick with NOLA and the deals I'm getting.

This is the THIRD TIME in two months ! This is for my Triumph cruise from New York City up to Canada in Early August , 2009.. I'll never get an OBC for this cruise at this rate..:mad: Funny thing is that about 2 hours ago I decided to switch cabins from a Cat 11 to a 9A AFT WRAP on Deck 8 ! If I had thought about it for two more hours it would have cost me another $100.00 ! :D So impulsive moves sometimes do pay off..;)

Cruise prices are like the stock market....the go up, and they go down. I hope you get that OBC, but if you don't just look at the bright side. If you weren't on a cruise you would be stuck at home and still have no OBC :D

Cruise prices are like the stock market....the go up, and they go down. I hope you get that OBC, but if you don't just look at the bright side. If you weren't on a cruise you would be stuck at home and still have no OBC :D

That's very true. And like was said a few posts above you that as long as my Category Cabin is still open at a higher price, I did good at my price. Thanks All..:D

I called PVP today and he also mentioned that the price of our cruise had gone up. I called him about a week ago and asked, how much it would cost to upgrade to balcony...187 pp!!

Today it was 100.00 pp sooooooooooooooo I DID IT :D

and I didn't tell the wife!! :/ Should I or SURPRISE HER ???

Surprise her!:D

I called PVP today and he also mentioned that the price of our cruise had gone up. I called him about a week ago and asked, how much it would cost to upgrade to balcony...187 pp!!

I'm not upset because of the price that I DID agree to. I am upset because everyday I share in the joy of everyone here at cruisecritic telling of how their cruise prices keep dropping and they keep getting two or three on-board credits which I REALLY do think is great !(Which by the way you CAN still get as long as your not in Final Payment time) My point is that I also would love a little OBC..:D And yet my cruise has been raised 3 times in two months.. I think that's the price of sailing from New York City though..:confused:

The price on my cruise in 2 DAYS! went up all along and then just a week ago I got $532 off my balcony room. I'm going solo and I sure was pleased.

And yet my cruise has been raised 3 times in two months.. I think that's the price of sailing from New York City though..:confused:

I think the only reason why cruises out of NYC are not seeing price reductions is because there are only a limited number of ships sailing from here. It's supply and demand.

I'm going on an NCL cruise in February and the price is $600 higher than when I first booked it. February is peak season for Caribbean cruises and there are only 2 ships sailing from the NY area - Norwegian Gem and RCI's Explorer of the Seas. Compare that to all the ships that sail out of Florida and it's easy to see why they're going down and the NY cruises are going up.

I've been sailing out of NYC exclusively on several cruises lines since the Carnival Legend was the first ship to come back here in 2003 and the ships are always at or near capacity.

New England and Canada cruises are especially popular. There might be a couple of ships with limited sailings out of other northeast ports, but most are out of NYC. You can't get that experience anywhere else.

Folks that live within driving distance of NYC don't squawk about the cost. We have no air fare or pre cruise hotels to pay for, so the per diem cost has been generally cheaper or about the same as a cruise from Florida. Of course, now with giveaway prices I;'e been seeing for some cruises from Florida, that's not always the case.

I live about an hour's drive from NYC and it's worth the extra money not to have to put up with flying. Besides, most cruises which go south are 9-12 days so you get a couple of extra days at sea which is great.

Think of the reason why cruise ships have empty cabins these days and we should still be greatful that we can still afford a vacation at all.

I think the only reason why cruises out of NYC are not seeing price reductions is because there are only a limited number of ships sailing from here. It's supply and demand.

I'm going on an NCL cruise in February and the price is $600 higher than when I first booked it. February is peak season for Caribbean cruises and there are only 2 ships sailing from the NY area - Norwegian Gem and RCI's Explorer of the Seas. Compare that to all the ships that sail out of Florida and it's easy to see why they're going down and the NY cruises are going up.

I've been sailing out of NYC exclusively on several cruises lines since the Carnival Legend was the first ship to come back here in 2003 and the ships are always at or near capacity.

New England and Canada cruises are especially popular. There might be a couple of ships with limited sailings out of other northeast ports, but most are out of NYC. You can't get that experience anywhere else.

Folks that live within driving distance of NYC don't squawk about the cost. We have no air fare or pre cruise hotels to pay for, so the per diem cost has been generally cheaper or about the same as a cruise from Florida. Of course, now with giveaway prices I;'e been seeing for some cruises from Florida, that's not always the case.

I live about an hour's drive from NYC and it's worth the extra money not to have to put up with flying. Besides, most cruises which go south are 9-12 days so you get a couple of extra days at sea which is great.

Think of the reason why cruise ships have empty cabins these days and we should still be greatful that we can still afford a vacation at all.

Seems that alot of prices went up yesterday and then all the sudden Carnival tells everyone TODAY that they are refunding the fuel surcharge ? I guess the new bookings will be paying for the refunds wheather they know it or not..:rolleyes:

Seems that alot of prices went up yesterday and then all the sudden Carnival tells everyone TODAY that they are refunding the fuel surcharge ? I guess the new bookings will be paying for the refunds wheather they know it or not..:rolleyes:

Glass half full or half empty??? :) I've always wanted to say that!! :D

Im just not sure if this was the right time, hmmmmmm

Surprise!

Surpries her....as long as it's not surprise I'm taking someone else :eek:

Archived