Interesting Survey I Just Received & Completed

AFT_LOVER

I just got one this morning via email. It asked what banks I have credit cards with so I answered Citi, B of A, Amex, and then it asked what credit cards I have with each bank: HH Signature Via with Citi, Norweigan Plat Plus MC for B of A & Blue with Amex. They asked if I pay an annual fee, and all were NO.

Then it asked if I received a letter in October that one of my cards was being canceled & I said YES. Then which card: Norwegian's. Then it asked if I was given a choice of a new card: NO. Then it asked what card was the replacement: WORLDPOINTS I marked.

Then it asked ratings for the original card vs Worldpoints. Then it askied how many time I cruised & with whom in the past year. NCL TWICE. If my cruising will be less this coming year & why. I stated the loss of Compass Rewards from the Norwegian Platinum Plus MC. Then it asked the rewards I wanted: $500-$3000 discount for each cruise for 500-3000 points. Then it asked earning the awards & my answer: from cruise line & from everyday spending with warranty protection of an additional year. Then I marked 5 points per dollar for groceries including warehouse clubs, gas, drugstores, 10 points per $1 for NCL purchases (cruise fare, cruise gifts, excursions). Then I added special promotions each month on cruises or large ticket items.

So get ready to receive it & tell them also!

I vote for NCL doing this, or B of A is getting Worldpoints organized for our awards with all the calls we are making to them.

I just got one this morning via email. It asked what banks I have credit cards with so I answered Citi, B of A, Amex, and then it asked what credit cards I have with each bank: HH Signature Via with Citi, Norweigan Plat Plus MC for B of A & Blue with Amex. They asked if I pay an annual fee, and all were NO.

Then it asked if I received a letter in October that one of my cards was being canceled & I said YES. Then which card: Norwegian's. Then it asked if I was given a choice of a new card: NO. Then it asked what card was the replacement: WORLDPOINTS I marked.

Then it asked ratings for the original card vs Worldpoints. Then it askied how many time I cruised & with whom in the past year. NCL TWICE. If my cruising will be less this coming year & why. I stated the loss of Compass Rewards from the Norwegian Platinum Plus MC. Then it asked the rewards I wanted: $500-$3000 discount for each cruise for 500-3000 points. Then it asked earning the awards & my answer: from cruise line & from everyday spending with warranty protection of an additional year. Then I marked 5 points per dollar for groceries including warehouse clubs, gas, drugstores, 10 points per $1 for NCL purchases (cruise fare, cruise gifts, excursions). Then I added special promotions each month on cruises or large ticket items.

I vote for NCL doing this, or B of A is getting Worldpoints organized for our awards with all the calls we are making to them.

You do realize this is a phishing scheme and while you were giving them your info, they were screening your pc for all your financial info including passwords and sign ins to financial accounts? :eek:

Wow - I would never, ever answer an e-mail that asked me that kind of questions.....

A few weeks ago I receive a "phish" e-mail requesting information (password, etc) that supposedly was from the internet provider. I called them internet provider who confirmed that they would never send an e-mail requesting password information.

You cannot be too careful nowadays - this includes clicking on a hyperlink embedded in an e-mail which takes you to a phony website (Bank Amer is a particular favorite for phishers to mimic) where you are asked to verify/enter personal information.

Best advice - don't answer e-mail surveys - chances are good that it may be from a phisher!

One phish born every minute just waiting to be baited & hooked :rolleyes:

I'm not saying this is a phishing scheme, but typically a phishing scheme does ask for username/password, or directs you to a fake site. This does sound like it simply asked info and while it may have added spyware, only way to tell is to see what link it redirected the person to.

If this was a survey from Synovate, I believe it to be safe to respond. I've been filling out their on-line surveys for quite a while - and I think they originated when booking an NCL cruise.

Never, never, give out credit card information, etc. Remain anonymous at all times.

I have received plenty of bogus emails and think I can identify them.

Based on what aftlover said above, I seen nothing of any danger. She did not give out anything that I would consider useful in any kind of scam. No name. No city. No numbers.

Am I missing something here?

in our house. (1) We never discuss our finances with anyone over the phone unless we originated the call to a verified institution with which we have an established relationship; and, (2) We never do surveys, online or telephonically. It's too easy to give out information that seems harmless at the time but, when combined with other pieces of information, can cause great harm.

I don't quite buy it as being legit. Some may say that the info given was not enough to cause any damage, all i gotta say is, are you serious?......

Do you have any idea how little info one needs to fraudulently make a transaction now-a-days?....

If your giving out little tidbits here and there, there are programs, accessible to anyone who has an internet connection (as in no brains needed) to fill in all the blanks. And BINGO, they have you entire identity.

Anyone who also thinks there anti-whatever program will solve this, well, i got a bridge to sell you.

Microsoft is pretty much shaking in there boots right now as they are pretty much tapped out with what they can do preventative wise. The hackers are simply smarter.

Not trying to alarm anybody, but in today's day and age, all i just said is a reality. In the past year i personally have had my identification stolen twice through online transactions, and trust me,i am probably one of the most anal people you will ever meet as far as security goes.

Alright, im off my high horse now, its just whenever i hear or read of someone taking this stuff so lightly (not gonna name s/n's) i get a bit upset, cause i used to be the same way because of all the extra measures i take to prevent this stuff from happening.

Don't be one of the people that say "i never thought it would happen to me"

so I report phishing, scams, etc

This was a major market research firm that I work with. I was asked to do the survey. They know my signon and much of it is already filled in my them.

As I said I rate it either NCL or B of A about their final credit card coming to us & that our phonecall to both got them waking up on this.

Just curious if anyone else got it who are silver & up to be NCL..

I'm not saying this is a phishing scheme, but typically a phishing scheme does ask for username/password, or directs you to a fake site. This does sound like it simply asked info and while it may have added spyware, only way to tell is to see what link it redirected the person to.

People are amazing.

There are people that would easily give out their banking id and password. There are people that fall for the Nigerian scam and give away thousands of dollars. There are people on the other end of the spectrum that think answering an online survey will expose them to all kinds of fraud. There are even people that think reading or getting ANY email will let big brother into their house. I met somebody a few years ago that thought the cable company was watching them via a little camera in their cable box, so they no longer have cable.

All I can do is laugh.

By the way, I answer surveys sent out by hotels, stores, cruiselines and other businesses I frequent quite often. I order items over the internet for home and our business almost daily. I pay 99% of our bills online and have for years. I do check my credit every few months and am "safe".

This survey is non damaging based on what the OP posted.

And what is the upside of filling out the Survey???? It makes no sense to provide this type of information

Good question! Will be curious to see what answers you get. I wrote about the length of time one of their surveys was taking when I discontinued my efforts to complete it. This was because the software did not permit someone to simply skip a question.

so I report phishing, scams, etc

This was a major market research firm that I work with. I was asked to do the survey. They know my signon and much of it is already filled in my them.

As I said I rate it either NCL or B of A about their final credit card coming to us & that our phonecall to both got them waking up on this.

Just curious if anyone else got it who are silver & up to be NCL..

Marketing? I thought you were in law enforcement, like the FBI or something.

Archived