need advice on Jacksonville hotels for pre cruise

luv2cruise123

Hi:) I live here and over the past 2 cruising years have tried to help cruisers with hotels around the port.

I have no idea about Priceline for this area though......I can give you a list of hotels...which are on "Airport Road"....the airport is about 12 miles from the Cruise Port.

There is a Holiday Inn, Courtyard By Marriott, Hampton Inn, Wingate Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Comfort Suites, Fairfield Inn, Red Carpet, Residence Inn, Days Inn and that is all I can think of at this point in time.

I also know there is a new Holiday Inn Express on Hecksher Drive. (that is closer to the cruise port).

I don't know which have a cruise package anymore. I do know most do have a van that picks folks up at the airport but I don't know which ones offer service to the cruise port.

You can probably call the individual hotels and hopefully they can give you first hand information.

The beach is about 1/2 away from the Pier.

Hope this helps you a little bit.

We stayed at the Wingate airport last year and it was very nice. Christine and I had a good experience there. We sail on the 2nd of January this time. Big problem with the Gator Bowl and hotels jacking up the prices. The Wingate South has not raised it's prices. It's like 15 miles to the port but for half the price (same product) I'll take it.

Hi:) ..David is correct about the time of year....when are you sailing? Gator Bowl game is Jan 1st.......most rooms will be booked solid at that time.

Other than that......most of the hotels I mentioned are clean, reasonable and fine for a pre-cruise stay.

We're paying the big prices at the Wingate. But taking into account the free parking and shuttle service (saving $140) the total cost is reduced substantially. I booked a very long time ago and this is Gator Bowl season. There is a very large demand for these rooms close by the Gator Bowl and if you want them you have to pay the premium. There are many hotels probably within 20 to 30 miles where the rates are much, much lower, but leaving our car and getting back and forth to the ship becomes a major problem. I've already pre-warned my wife to be expecting a lot of party people the two nights we're there.

Luv, We stayed at the Wingate last year and it's a lovely hotel with free parking but the shuttle didn't work for us because we were late checkins so obviously we were assigned a late shuttle so we just took a cab. We found out later that we could have stayed at the Fairfield for half the price and they had free parking also but no shuttle.

According to a few posters, it was also a very nice place to stay along with a very good comp. breakfast. :)

By the way, this year we booked at the Hampton, also at a much better price.

Archived