What are the amenities if you are in a Grand Suite?

The Voyager, Explorer, Adventure and all three Freedom class ships have the hot tub on the balcony. Be warned, it's not that large.

Ah ha! Just as well we Scots are no' very big then! It will be just lush to have that bonus! :)

Hello..To begin with, only saw this thread today as we were on the Explorer OTS when it began. We were in a GS and, to say the least, we were very disappointed in the "perks". Our problem was, we sailed the Norwegian Sun in April/May and were completely spoiled. I know, NCL--Horrors!! But believe me there is no comparison between the two cruiselines when it comes to suites and how you are treated. Also, we were not in the upper penthouses, just an AD.

To list some of the differences:

NCL RCI

Priority boarding by Concierge; NO

Fresh flower arrangement, refreshed weekly; No

Fresh fruit bowl, refreshed by butler, daily; Fresh fruit once

Priority Theater seating; No

Private Captain's Cocktail Party for Suite Guests ; No

Appetizers every day at 5pm, your choice ; 4 times in 12 days

Butler ; No

Concierge calls room every day to see

if you need ANYTHING; No

Engine Room Tour ; No

Bridge Tour ; Yes, Captain's Invite

Priority disembarkation by Concierge; No

I am sorry, but there are more, but I didn't want to bore you all. As you can tell by my signature, we are VERY Loyal RCCL/RCI cruisers. We started out 22 years ago, and worked our way up to Diamond Plus (new) by insides, oceanviews, balconies. Some of you will say, well-sail with NCL, then. We are, in September, and I can only hope Royal Caribbean will, in the near future, treat their suite guests a little better.

Bye the bye, we enjoyed our Explorer OTS cruise very much. The wonderful people we met in the CL, some past cruisers we renewed friendships with (Hi Ron and Sue!!, especially), so please don't think this is a negative as we are sailing to Alaska with RCI on the Serenade OTS. I just think RCI should "revamp" (for loss of a better word") their Suite Perks.

Thanks for listening, I hope I answered some of the OP's question.

Helen

Archived