What are the amenities if you are in a Grand Suite?

Here are some of the suite perks....................

Duvet cover

Vitality bathroom amenities

Suite Attendant Service

Terry Robes for use onboard

Complimentary slippers

Ensuite Coffee/Tea Service

Pillow Menu

Binoculars *for Asia, Alaska, South America and Europe itineraries

Priority check-in

Priority salon appointments

Priority Tender Tickets

Concierge Package with Key available on Voyager, Freedom and Radiance and Vision class ships (Enchantment, Legend and Splendour))

Assistance from the Concierge regarding reservations at Specialty Restaurants

Assistance from the Concierge regarding ice show tickets (where applicable).

Personalized invitations to the Art Auctions

Priority Shore Excursions

Expedited Departure

Cheese Plate with Crackers prior to dinner.

On the first formal night Plate of Petit Fours at turn down.

Personal Attention from the Hotel Director as well as Guest Relations Manager

Here are some of the suite perks....................

Duvet cover

Vitality bathroom amenities

Suite Attendant Service

Terry Robes for use onboard

Complimentary slippers

Ensuite Coffee/Tea Service

Pillow Menu

Binoculars *for Asia, Alaska, South America and Europe itineraries

Priority check-in

Priority salon appointments

Priority Tender Tickets

Concierge Package with Key available on Voyager, Freedom and Radiance and Vision class ships (Enchantment, Legend and Splendour))

Assistance from the Concierge regarding reservations at Specialty Restaurants

Assistance from the Concierge regarding ice show tickets (where applicable).

Personalized invitations to the Art Auctions

Priority Shore Excursions

Expedited Departure

Cheese Plate with Crackers prior to dinner.

On the first formal night Plate of Petit Fours at turn down.

Personal Attention from the Hotel Director as well as Guest Relations Manager

I was almost afraid it was nothing.

What do u mean with :Personal Attention from the Hotel Director as well as Guest Relations Manager and Assistance from the Concierge regarding reservations at Specialty Restaurants ( do Granduer have special resturants and Concierge staff)

Leaving tomorrow for a 10 day on the Grandeur and have a GS. The LA of the Grandeur called us last night to ask what kind of wine we wanted in our suite when we boarded. Told her that was a nice way to start off the cruise and she replied that "we value and appreciate our vip's and loyal customers."

The drinks at the bars are not complimentary as they are in the CL. I think the hours for "free" drinks in the CL was approx. 5:30PM - 8:00PM. We took advantage of the CL on the Mariner every evening, as we had the 8:30PM dining time. Very worthwhile, to us.

In the evening, we not only had the Concierge present, but a very nice bartender taking our drink requests and preparing/serving them.

Also nice continental breakfast items in the AM. We were on deck nine, just a few steps from the CL.

Do you tip the bartender during the "free" drinks time? I know you are supposed to tip the concierge at the end of the cruise, but not sure about the bartender.

Do you tip the bartender during the "free" drinks time? I know you are supposed to tip the concierge at the end of the cruise, but not sure about the bartender.

We tipped the gal that served the drinks to us as she did all the running around:p and made the drinks on several occasions...

I was almost afraid it was nothing.

What do u mean with :Personal Attention from the Hotel Director as well as Guest Relations Manager and Assistance from the Concierge regarding reservations at Specialty Restaurants ( do Granduer have special resturants and Concierge staff)

The Hotel Director should either call you or pay you a visit to make sure that you are having a wonderful time. A note should be in your cabin from the GR Manager offering his/her assistance with anything.

If you are sailing on a ship that has the Specialty Restaurants, the the Concierge can make reservations for you.

I apologize for not payin g more attention to what ship you were sailing on.

Granduer does not have a Concierge Lounge nor does it have any Specialty Restaurants.

Guests in Grand Suites receive:

• Priority Boarding and a special lounge for departing the ship.
  • Concierge Liunge and more importantly; The services of the concierge who will book everything from the Spa, Shore Excusions and seating at the Ice Show, etc.
  • Twice during a 7 day cruise we received a Fruit and Desert tray
  • Robes

We have a GS on the Serenade this July (Alaska).

Can anyone verify if the GS on the radiance class ships have the electric tea kettle. Also - anyone recently on a GS with an Alaska Itinerary verify if binoculars were actually available in the suites.

Can anyone verify if the GS on the radiance class ships have the electric tea kettle. Also - anyone recently on a GS with an Alaska Itinerary verify if binoculars were actually available in the suites.

I bet a tea kettle (fire hazard) cannot be found in any cabin - try the Concierge Lounge or Windjammer. But, we always take two pair of our own compact binoculars wherever we travel. You should be able to find a cheap pair online - say $10 - $15: Look here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=simmons+compact+binoculars

We had an electric kettle in our FS on the Brilliance plus a French press for coffee (could be used for tea too). Coffee, tea, etc. were provided too.

We had binoculars also.

I bet a tea kettle (fire hazard) cannot be found in any cabin - try the Concierge Lounge or Windjammer. But, we always take two pair of our own compact binoculars wherever we travel. You should be able to find a cheap pair online - say $10 - $15: Look here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=simmons+compact+binoculars

Had one last month in our OS on the Freedom OTS.

Yeay!! So excited about being able to brew my own tea on my cruise this summer! I know that it's only a short walk to the CL for hot beverages....but there's just something so cool about being able to brew my own first thing in the morning.

We will be in Alaska so hot beverages will be perfect! Also, I've always wanted to try a french press. So many people have told me that a french press makes the best coffee!

Very cool about the binoculars as well. Although we have our own it will be nice to have an extra pair available in the cabin!

We did not have binoculars in our Alaska cruise this summer. That is the one thing we missed.

On Rhapsody, we were given a choice of wine or champagne to be served on the first formal night - since the ship did not have a concierge lounge.

We did not have binoculars in our Alaska cruise this summer. That is the one thing we missed.

On Rhapsody, we were given a choice of wine or champagne to be served on the first formal night - since the ship did not have a concierge lounge.

This is a nice guest to suite travellers since the vessel does not have concierge lounge,

So all in all it is a few things that suite travellers has a benefitt for the extra spending.

I like this call before leaving, that is nice, and also a drink or a bottle of wine in the cabin on embarking.

So as I can see from this tred it is no flee wide regular treatment as a standard.

It is maybe an idea to use this tred to tell other travelers what benefitt YOU got while traveling in a suite cabin, and who gave it to you and on what vessel you got it on.

We stayed in the Presidential Suite on Independence, for a cruise to the Canary Islands in October. We recieved the following extras:

1. Robes & slippers
  2. Champagne upon arrival in cabin
  3. Fruit plate every day
  4. Binoculars in room
  5. Concierge service(use of lounge etc)
  6. Unlimited fruit juice in cabin when requested.
  7. A hot tub on our balcony

We could ask for canapes in our room prior to dinner, when requested 24 hours prior.

To be honest i think you are really paying for the size of the suite (I think the Presidential Suite is the biggest suite on any RCCL ship at the moment). I really did expect more extras for the $$$ we paid. The crew were absolutely fantastic & couldn't fault them, but I think RCCL are going to have to try & provide a bit more for those willing to pay such a premium.

Oh i forgot to mention we did get a tour of the bridge when we departing from Lisbon, Portugal. That was absolutely fantastic experience, i will never forget.

We had binoculars in our GS on Splendour when we did South America and the TA this past Spring.

They really weren't very good..........even without my glasses on.

Thankfully, my DH always brings his pair along.

We stayed in the Presidential Suite on Independence, for a cruise to the Canary Islands in October. We recieved the following extras:
  1. Robes & slippers
  2. Champagne upon arrival in cabin
  3. Fruit plate every day
  4. Binoculars in room
  5. Concierge service(use of lounge etc)
  6. Unlimited fruit juice in cabin when requested.
  7. A hot tub on our balcony

We could ask for canapes in our room prior to dinner, when requested 24 hours prior.

To be honest i think you are really paying for the size of the suite (I think the Presidential Suite is the biggest suite on any RCCL ship at the moment). I really did expect more extras for the $$$ we paid. The crew were absolutely fantastic & couldn't fault them, but I think RCCL are going to have to try & provide a bit more for those willing to pay such a premium.

Oh i forgot to mention we did get a tour of the bridge when we departing from Lisbon, Portugal. That was absolutely fantastic experience, i will never forget.

Is this the only vessel with a hot tub on the balcony.

Is this the only vessel with a hot tub on the balcony.

We have a hot tub on our Royal Suite Balcony on Explorer. Not all of the voyager class ships do, some dont. Cant remember which? When I am back from my cruise I will let you know everything about the Royal Suite. the hot tub was a "seal the deal" for us:D oh and the piano:D etc etc etc etc etc etc:)

I will be back before you go, so will let you know how it all goes. There are not many posters on here who can answer Royal Suite questions although a few really nice people have helped me out BIG time! They know more on here than the travel agents does!

• 4 weeks later...
We have a hot tub on our Royal Suite Balcony on Explorer. Not all of the voyager class ships do, some dont. Cant remember which? When I am back from my cruise I will let you know everything about the Royal Suite. the hot tub was a "seal the deal" for us:D oh and the piano:D etc etc etc etc etc etc:)

I will be back before you go, so will let you know how it all goes. There are not many posters on here who can answer Royal Suite questions although a few really nice people have helped me out BIG time! They know more on here than the travel agents does!

The Voyager, Explorer, Adventure and all three Freedom class ships have the hot tub on the balcony. Be warned, it's not that large.

Archived