What are the amenities if you are in a Grand Suite?

This mighte be the line of protest.

I think that suite guest shold atleast shold have following:

1. priority seating in dining room

2. reserved seats at the show (have to meet 10 min before show starts)

3. reserved sun beds by the pool

4. sparkeling wine in the cabin on formal night (or on embarking day)

5. Butler service in Royal Suite

6. a lot of other things that I cant think of

I also do this will help RCCl in selling suites in this diffecult financial period. I am voting for MOre value for money.

But have to admit we do travel suites for the extra cabin space.

:cool:

Again, I'm not sure but I think that they used to have some of the amenities you mentioned above....champagne/sparkling wine, priority selection of excursions, selection of treats at night, etc. I guess they have done away with all of this, still charging the same if not more for the suites and doing away with all the perks....not a smart move on their part. I'm thinking that Jr. Suites might be the way to go for the little extra room since they never had anything else in the way of additional amenities anyway.

I do hope we see a change in the future.

I do think that it is a good investment for RCCL to give suite guests some special benefitts.

Just small tings that cost close to nothing.

Priority is always a good thing. In the spa or to the hair dresser. Help suite guests to avoid lines, and let them have some extra attention. I always like to be guided a bit so I know that I dont miss out on things. It mighte also be an idea to have shore-x staff calling the cabin and offer tickets to popular shore-x`s in that wa you will only increase sales and suite guests is a bit more happy. It just take a little more time for the staff.

Another thing is to have the Pursers to offer account settlement in the cabin insted of lining up by the pursers desk. I dont know if this will work out, but I wold use it.....

I do hope other readers post their ideas, and maybe some travel agents post this way of thinking to RCCL. Maybe somone from RCCL do reade this stuff as well LOL.

I do like RCCL style of cruising, but NCL, COSTA and MSC is picking up VERY fast. And they do have better suite service today:eek:

I have noticed that on my cruise in April, all of the suites have been sold out for months. Every now and then you might see an OS or JS pop up, but it is gone in a day.

I thought by this, that RCCL isn't having trouble selling suites- just filling the ship on the less costly levels...

Are there a lot of available suites on your cruises?

I cant find out of this.

I think that in the past the suits is going first. But I think that the marked is going to be tighter also for RCCL.

I see suite cabins more often for the last 3 - 4 weeks, but I do also think that RCCL in manupulating this a bit. Since the booking system is so flexable that prices go up and down all the time, they do dropp suite cabins in porsons so they avoid speculative agents trading vacant cabins.

This is only what I think - I am not a travel agent.

Nevertheless, I think that it will be a cheep way of keeping repet-pax upgrade more if not sold, and offer more benefitts in Suits.

Dimond guests is very important for RCCL and it cost very little to keep them in the family LOL

What do a bottle of wine cost RCCL.....NOTHING and it can be the thing for a fmily to come back

RCCL of late has offered less and less for their suite guests. It's truly more money for more renting more real estate.

However, we have never been turned down to have dinners by the course in our OS. And we infrequently have guests in for dinner, and are always taken care of.

We also have been known to throw parties, and it seems what the ship charges for food and wine has been very reasonable.;)

So many of the perks that others speak of........are of no value to us.

We really enjoy the extra space.:)

Rick

One perk, regardless of C&A status, is access to the Concierge Lounge (where available) for GS and above.

We also enjoyed the extra space, as we were able to entertain two other couples that traveled with us. The bathroom had a tub and two vanity sinks - nice amenity. You will receive use of robes and terry slippers (you keep the slippers, if you like).

The GS also qualifies for two cruise credits (7-night cruise) as do all JS and above cabins.

As I recall, no champagne, but we did receive chocolate strawberries, petite fours, on a couple of occasions.

Really, for one couple, the GS is too much. But it was really nice for the one time we booked it. That was on the Rhapsody, which had no Concierge lounge, by the way. We access the Concierge lounge via our diamond status, now and just book the JS.

So, to answer the question about priority excursions, tickets to the ice shows, etc. Just having access to the Concierge is a perk. He or she can usually arrange those for you.

We travelled via a GS for the first time last cruise and will stay in that catagory in future cruises. Why-for the space. Travelling with two older teens-it was absolutly perfect.

Added perks were not huge and not a factor for choosing that catagory. Although snacks and treats were often left by out stateroom attendant, robes slippers were a nice touch.

The CL is not a huge attraction for us. Not big drinkers so the free drinks prior to dinner is not a deal breaker. Used it more for my morining coffee and patries brought back to our room as why sit is a room with no view when you have a beautiful balcony for your AM Java!!

The kids went out and got DVD movies for down time. They liked that. RC-if your reading-suggestion-update that material please!!! ;)

If you are the type that likes to be in your room, then the Grand Suite is for you.

The room is big. the bathroom is big, with a large deep tub. The balcony is huge.

You get:

Concierge Service - Private lounge, continental breakfast every day, free drinks, priority reservations, DVD Rentals, and from what I'm hearing...reserved pool chairs.

My DH and I are the type to hang alone together, and that large private room and balcony are totally worth it for us.

This is a good point. DVD movies to be updated.

Where do we borrow the movies, or is it only for rent.

Right in the CL. Deede [sp?] was ours on AOS and she was fantastic. As soon as you walk in they are right behind her desk to the right. You pick one out, sign a page she supplies as to the movie you borrowed and that's it. This is all for no charge so I guess the word borrow fits-not rent! :)

We enjoyed the size of the Grand Suite, we did have a couple drinks in the conciernage lounge. He did book a shore excursion we wanted.

The chocalate and cheese tray was meager. over-all It was nice, would do it again for the size.

I'm not sure on the Granaduer. Deck plans don't seem to have one.

The 'free drinks' are only in the evening with a certain window of time. Cann't remember but it is only for a fews hours but someone else could be more helpful as I did not partake in that.

As for afternoon help-most of the time when I went there I could always find Deede there. If not-you just call-leave a message and she is back to you asap. She was Johnny on the spot with my C&A coupon books as they were not in my stateroom upon arrival. My kids books were there but not the Adult ones.:confused:

Phooo Thats good.
The drinks at the bars are not complimentary as they are in the CL. I think the hours for "free" drinks in the CL was approx. 5:30PM - 8:00PM. We took advantage of the CL on the Mariner every evening, as we had the 8:30PM dining time. Very worthwhile, to us.

In the evening, we not only had the Concierge present, but a very nice bartender taking our drink requests and preparing/serving them.

Also nice continental breakfast items in the AM. We were on deck nine, just a few steps from the CL.

Archived