Latitudes Photo Contest! Help me pick one!

zamboni_girl

Ok the annual latitudes photo contest is due December 31st, I was wondering if my fellow critics would like to help me pick my submission. I can only submit one photo, so I am having a hard time picking.

1#

421613888_u2KpJ-M.jpg

382924993_AX8VW-M.jpg

421624200_DsxVy-M.jpg

405524831_wvvDg-M.jpg

421624900_q4AqZ-M.jpg

405526749_FMAd9-M.jpg

Thanks for looking!

These are just beautiful photos with great feeling to each. I am between #5 with the bike & the finale sunset. Then husbnad saw them & yelled THE BIKE!

Ok the annual latitudes photo contest is due December 31st, I was wondering if my fellow critics would like to help me pick my submission. I can only submit one photo, so I am having a hard time picking.

1#

421613888_u2KpJ-M.jpg

382924993_AX8VW-M.jpg

421624200_DsxVy-M.jpg

405524831_wvvDg-M.jpg

421624900_q4AqZ-M.jpg

405526749_FMAd9-M.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Yeah I know I was having a heck of time picking one photo.

A little background on the photos:

#1 is St Martins from the Saint John’s stop, the kissing covered bridges, but there is a little too much of nothing in the center of the frame (to wide even for my wide angle lens).

#2 is leaving Halifax NS, I was trying to do something different then the general lighthouse shot, gives it perspective, that yes I was on a cruise ship.

#3 the unfinished church, the 2nd time I went up because I lost one of my CF cards SOMEWHERE in St George’s (anyone see a 1GB card in their travels?)

#4 is cool colors and perspective but personally the lamp bothers me, I wish I had noticed it and took a step forward so it would be in the space to the right of the yellow house. If I knew how to use photo shop I am sure I could get rid of it.

#5 I was seriously all about this bike the entire time I was in Bermuda, I just happened to hit it right with time of day, low foot traffic, the plant to the left I think I need to crop it out.

# 6 The dream baby!

#7 Gibbs Lighthouse in Bermuda, again I like to shoot cliché objects in non cliché ways.

#8 House in Bermuda, can you tell I like contrast? J

#9 My friend actually suggested this after I sent out my photos to select from (so he went thru both my Dream Cruise Galleries rather than the initial 25 I had selected as my best). He liked the Pilots wave and smile, could be because he is one of those types that rail fans and ship fans (I think I made up the last one).

#10 I figured I would throw a sunset shot in there, but I figure there are going to be bazillion sunset shots in there.

Photo contests are hard because photography is a very subjective field, and without knowing who is going to vote, their preference and the end goal it is so hard. Plus when you take the photo yourself you totally tie in emotions to what is sometimes ok photos (as opposed to great or awesome ones!) Which is why it is great to get other people’s opinions without my own bias!

So thanks so much for people that have looks so far, it is helpful. But you are right Kathynorth, it is so hard because I don’t have one that leaps out and says “IM A WINNER!!!”

Thanks for the comments so far, and keep them coming!

Oh and thanks for all the postive comments about my photos too :)

I dont get to show them off that often.

You have a gift with that camera of yours! Loved all of them, but the bike and the sunset are my faves. Good Luck to you and Ugen512. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I have only been doing photography for a couple of years, but I seem to fake it well. I am hoping this spring to take some imaging software classes, because that is really my main hesitation from taking on more weddings. I do about 6-10 a year now, but that is because people beg.

And player parents seem love my hockey photos, but I think I just excel with those because I play the game, so I understand what exactly is a good hockey moment.

Ok I am done here for tonight, but keep the comments coming!

Thanks for the descriptions. Now that I viewed them again with the descriptions I think that I like #9 the best. The energy of the smile kept me wondering how great it would be to have a job you love, out on the open seas, ...! You've captured the love of cruising for those who work to make our vacations the best they can be.

Archived