Bunk Beds

Packman1000

We are cruising on the Coral in February and we are in a cabin that has bunks for a 3rd or 4th person. There are just 2 of us in the room. Do these bunks take away head room, even when stowed? Can we pull one of them down ourselves, and use it for extra space to put things on?

The cabin steward brings down a bunk bed (or two) if you have more than two people in your cabin. Otherwise it's in the wall or ceiling. I guess if you can figure out how to take it down, you can. But then it will be in the way. I would just stow luggage, etc. under your beds (that's what we did on our last cruise and it all fit) and other stuff in your closet.

Just off the CB and had a room with two overhead bunks. The folded up against the wall. We used the two twin beds on the floor so the bunks did not get in the way, however, I would say if you had a queen bed configuration, they could cause you to duck everytime you get out of bed. They come down easily if you want to use for storage, however, we found there was lots of storage on the CB and we didn't need to use them.

Archived