What's the best way to get free drinks....?

klfhngr

OK, we just completed our first cruise.

So give me a rundown on this Crown and Anchor, diamond, etc.

What perks (drinks) come with what status and how do you get to each one???

Drinks cost us way to much on this first cruise and need to figure out a better way to go

I heard you can make request for the Captains' parties, for drinks..... Not sure if this is true or not..

The Capt's party has been very generous with me on all my cruises. There has never been a problem getting whatever drink I request. :)

I know of one person who give his regular bartender a hefty tip at the begining of the cruise and understand that there have been free drinks as a result. Does that mean those drinks are really free or not? :confused:

2P.P1

OK, we just completed our first cruise.

So give me a rundown on this Crown and Anchor, diamond, etc.

What perks (drinks) come with what status and how do you get to each one???

Drinks cost us way to much on this first cruise and need to figure out a better way to go

One word: w w w.rumrunners. c o m!

I used the 'free' drink coupons within the first two hours... And I had 4 coupons!

The Capt's party has been very generous with me on all my cruises. There has never been a problem getting whatever drink I request. :)

I know of one person who give his regular bartender a hefty tip at the begining of the cruise and understand that there have been free drinks as a result. Does that mean those drinks are really free or not? :confused:

2P.P1

Good to know.. King Louise XIII next time!

This has worked a few times, tipping in advance. Out of about 20 cruises, 3 times it has paid off... On one cruise, it paid off BIG time... We would get 2 for one drinks, he would hook up all of my friends.. When we would leave the ship in port, he would have a bag ready for us with towels and TONS of bottled water.. He was the best! It was on a Carnival cruise over 10 years ago, I still remember his name, Rodrigo from Guatemala... Hopefully he's on the Mariner now!! At the end of the trip, we all give him some cash, he easily ended up with almost $200 (from all of us).. It may seem like it's a lot, or that we paid to much to get 'free' drinks, but that was nothing compared to what our bill usually is! Plus the service, priceless!

Archived