What's the best way to get free drinks....?

klfhngr

It hasn't been a problem for me, but then, I'm a girl.:p

On the Vision, one bartender wanted to freestyle a martini for me, and make it a fusion of our two names. Well, he didn't know what my name was when he said that, and the combination of our 2 names was hysterical.:D Soooooooooooooooooo it became my favouite place to hang out. The bartenders were tipped on each drink, and at the end of the cruise. They quite literally made the cruise so much more fun. We joked and laughed together all week.

And I won't name the drink on this forum. It's a naughty name.:o;)

The best and most legal way to get free drinks is to be a loyal RCI Cruiser for 10 cruises and become a Diamond member of the Crown & Anchor Society. :D

Our recent cruise on the Jewell was our first cruise as Diamond Members.

The Concierge Lounge offered hors d'oeuvres and a limited selection of drinks without charge to Diamond and Diamond Plus members. We were able to have snacks and a few drinks before the Main Dining Room Seating at 6:00 and one or two more after dinner.

Not only that, but we met and were able to hang out and converse with the most friendly and fascinating international group of people we have met in a long time.

RCI refers to the Crown & Anchor Society as a "loyalty program" and it has worked for us! We are more loyal to RCI than before and plan to do all of our future cruising with RCI.

Unless you're ordering "foo-foo" drinks, you'l get more than what you pay for--the drinks are strong!

You can get "free" drinks in the Captain's Reception and C&A Welcome Back party (They both have open bars, which not everyone knows about!!!)

But, hypothetically, the bartender, would be your best bet.

The best and most legal way to get free drinks is to be a loyal RCI Cruiser for 10 cruises and become a Diamond member of the Crown & Anchor Society. :D

Our recent cruise on the Jewell was our first cruise as Diamond Members.

The Concierge Lounge offered hors d'oeuvres and a limited selection of drinks without charge to Diamond and Diamond Plus members. We were able to have snacks and a few drinks before the Main Dining Room Seating at 6:00 and one or two more after dinner.

Not only that, but we met and were able to hang out and converse with the most friendly and fascinating international group of people we have met in a long time.

RCI refers to the Crown & Anchor Society as a "loyalty program" and it has worked for us! We are more loyal to RCI than before and plan to do all of our future cruising with RCI.

Does the CL have margaritas?

Unless you're ordering "foo-foo" drinks, you'l get more than what you pay for--the drinks are strong!

You can get "free" drinks in the Captain's Reception and C&A Welcome Back party (They both have open bars, which not everyone knows about!!!)

But, hypothetically, the bartender, would be your best bet.

Open bar at the Captain's Reception?? I thought it was just a glass on sparkling wine that they provided?

Open bar at the Captain's Reception?? I thought it was just a glass on sparkling wine that they provided?

Depends on the ship. On Monarch you could choose from a variety of drinks offered by the waiters or order whatever you wanted. On Vision they were only offering bubbly or NA punch at the Captain's party. At the C&A party and the Platinum/Diamond party they gave you whatever you wanted to drink (within reason, I don't think Johnny Walker Gold or Blue were offered, for example).

Be an old classmate of one of the bartenders. On my first cruise with RCC, my hubby came to my cabin and said that the bartender knows you. I thought holy smoke, my college days are catching up with me, in Mexico of all places:D The bartender was a classmate and hubby of a friend I went to school with, 20 years earlier in Jamaica, before migrating to the US. I was 5 months pregnant, so all my drinks were virgins:p. Overall one of my most memorable vacation experience...not the free drinks but the encounter.

Is it anyplace for suite guests to go for the same issue on vessels that does not have CL, like the granduer OS?

Is it any difference in suite categorys. OS - GS - RS when it comes to drinks or treats

Okay, you DO have to pay for these flutes of champagne (sparkling wine):::in the form of attending those ghastly art auctions. I only say ghastly bec they are more careful in pouring than they used to be and they keep you too long before you get any. This depends on the ship, but it is not as fun as it used to be. And it never was much fun. It's long and drawn out and pretty quiet. Nonetheless, I have purchased art. And "won" art. But winning can cost you too. :cool:

One really FUN way is to attend the bartenders' toss. What great fun that was and bec I was filming and cheering and trying to look cute, they gifted me one of those amazing appletinis. YUMM. ;)

I heard you can make request for the Captains' parties, for drinks..... Not sure if this is true or not..

I've seen it done, and I have asked for wine when all they have had is champagne and rum punch. Champagne gives me a wicked hangover.:o

What great fun that was and bec I was filming and cheering and trying to look cute, they gifted me one of those amazing appletinis.

There you go, klfhngr. You have to look cute! :p:D

I heard you can make request for the Captains' parties, for drinks..... Not sure if this is true or not..

Yes, we have requested drinks not on the trays they are carrying and they get them for us. Usually a rum & Coke, whiskey sour, martini, etc. They don't do the foo foo drinks however.

Archived