What's the best way to get free drinks....?

klfhngr

I've seen it done, and I have asked for wine when all they have had is champagne and rum punch. Champagne gives me a wicked hangover.:o

There you go, klfhngr. You have to look cute! :p:D

You have to drink champagne that's not twist-off!! jk :)

True, maybe that's the problem, not cute enough?!

If you get to know one of the pool server guys, they'll hook you up.. I go to the auctions for the free 'beverage', on occasions, they leave the bottle with me...

Dirtgirl,

Was that Milton that made that drink for you on the Vision? If so, he told us that story and the name of the drink. We were on the Vision from 11/16-11/23. He made the Schooner bar our favorite place to hang out.

That would be me, MD.:o I have great memories of our time in the Schooner Bar!:)

You have to drink champagne that's not twist-off!! jk :)

True, maybe that's the problem, not cute enough?!

If you get to know one of the pool server guys, they'll hook you up.. I go to the auctions for the free 'beverage', on occasions, they leave the bottle with me...

I have no doubt you are right. I need to drink the pricey stuff, not the $0.87 per bottle stuff.:rolleyes: But, that is what they serve....

Hmmm, not sure what to think, but I'll take this as a compliment, while I still can!!

I definitely meant it as a compliment. It's just that the bartenders all happened to be guys. They tended to pay attention to the gals. :o

I definitely meant it as a compliment. It's just that the bartenders all happened to be guys. They tended to pay attention to the gals. :o

Ahhhh, I get it, lol!! Perhaps I should wear a dress?!?! Not, lol!! Thanks though :)

I bartended a lot of years and the girls sure had a way of getting a free drink or a generous pour out of me ....and for what I ask??

Oh yea (he he he) :0

never mind *LOL*

There are usually free drink coupons in the coupon books that Crown and Anchor members receive in their staterooms. The drinks come in those fancy collector/commemorative glasses. My husband doesn't want to walk around with one of those fancy glasses, so he orders his free drink in a regular glass and asks for an empty commemorative glass on the side for me to take home as a souvenir!

Well there was Sabrina , she was a gymnist. Need I say more :)

and Whitney......lord have mercy *LOL*

and then Brenda who eventually broke up with me for Amanda.

God the 80s were fun *LOL*

A little bit of Sabrina in my life,

A little bit of Whitney by my side.

A little bit of Brenda's all I need........

:D:D

A little bit of Sabrina in my life,

A little bit of Whitney by my side.

A little bit of Brenda's all I need........

:D:D

That was about the extent of it back then *LOL*

MMMMmmmmmmmemeories like the corners of my mind :) :)

The CL has top shelf liquors - but they don't make "fancy" drinks.....at least I haven't seen any :rolleyes:

Now there is some good news... just have to figure out how to make our DD(8) look 18 so we can all go to CL after 5pm... We are up a deck and not far from the stairs so I'd expect we can swap her off or she may visit AO while we go to CL in the evening.

It hasn't been a problem for me, but then, I'm a girl.:p

On the Vision, one bartender wanted to freestyle a martini for me, and make it a fusion of our two names. Well, he didn't know what my name was when he said that, and the combination of our 2 names was hysterical.:D Soooooooooooooooooo it became my favouite place to hang out. The bartenders were tipped on each drink, and at the end of the cruise. They quite literally made the cruise so much more fun. We joked and laughed together all week.

And I won't name the drink on this forum. It's a naughty name.:o;)

LOL, was his name by chance Oren? heehee:p

On our last cruise on Enchantment we found we could order other drinks at the C&A cocktail party and boy did we. THey brought us Corona in bottles and it's amazing how many you can order in an hours time. We made sure we each had 2 full ones just before the hour was over.

YAAAAHOOOOO it's all about free drinks!!!!

Archived