Miami Holiday Inns??

Liesel

I have been checking on Miami Hotels for one night before the cruise. We will be arriving at the airport in the early afternoon. I have been checking on the Holiday Inns, but I am confused about the difference between the Holiday Inn Miami Beach (which seems cheaper) and the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Both of them have three stars. The reviews on Priceline for both hotels seem mixed....

I have heard the Holiday Inn mentioned on this site, but cannot remember which one would be preferable.

Any suggestions?

We've stayrd at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami a couple of times pre-cruise. The hotel is certainly nothing special but is adequate. we like it because of it's location. If you get a room on a higher floor, you can see the cruise ships in port from the window. The Holiday Inn is also right across the street from a market with restaurants and lots of shops. The market also has a free live band playing at night outside next to the water which has been fun to relax and listen to.

I've stayed at the Port of Miami hotel more than a few times and it is very adequate for its purpose. It is close to the Port, the Bayside Marketplace with shopping and restaurants as well as a nice area to watch the boats out on the water.

If you are adventuresome...go back of the hotel in a SW direction...a whole new culture back about 4 streets...Macy's, shoe stores, fabric stores, little lunch eateries...it is safe and a nice and different view of Miami...the down-to-Earth folks..like most of us!!

Also, just across the street from the hotel is a bus stop which will take you to South Beach. Again, a safe way to travel (during the day anyway). It is quick, cheap and when you get to South Beach...a whole new world awaits you.

I like to 'feel' the neighbourhood, and this hotel is in a good spot for that!

Good luck!

If you want something more "upscale" than the Holiday Inn, check out the Intercontinental---it's a Holiday property, so you get your priority points, but the difference---man---it's nice! Very "upscale"! Right next to Bayside, and across the street from the regular Holiday Inn.

Archived