Captain's Club Question

CDR77

I just got off the phone with Celebrity's captain club and am still a little confused.

I book a 10 day S.C. cruise in 2005 and received one cruise credit as expected.

I booked an 11 day Caribbean cruise in a concierge class room in February 2007 and received 2 points as expected. So I have three points.

My wife of two days (our honeymoon) was with me on the last cruise and I was wondering if I would receive an additional 2 credits for her.

The X site shows that CC Membership includes up to two adults, over the age of 18, living in the same household. I took this to mean that credits for each adult would accumulate under one membership. The captain's club person told me that that is not the case, but that each of us needs to have our own captains club numbers (which it turns out we have). She has two credits because of the last cruise.

We are doing 7 day SC in conceirge class so I believe we will each be receiving two more credits each, but under different membership numbers.

Can any of the married couples that have sailed Celebrity many times share with me how their membership works? When you book a cruise, are the credits placed under one captains club number or do you have two numbers, one for each spouse?

Thanks..

I can confirm for you that ours works the way that the captain club person told you. Points are earned based on a one person one number basis. I can see how one could get confused. I think that comment about the two people refers to the fact that two people can get the benefits even if only one person is a member. I guess the implication is that a 3rd person in the cabin would not, but I have no experience with this. (although it does not make sense that they would not if it was a family cruising together) If credits could be combined, it would certainly be easier to get a higher status. Airline programs work the same way as Celebrity. By the way when I first joined, I had to pay a fee. Now it is free.

Frequent travel is usually attached to the person with the slight exception of hotels.A person can get benefits when paying at Marriott, for example, but you can get credit for two rooms maximum even though you obviously aren't using both rooms. But the frequent cruiser programs are just like airline programs - they're attached to the person. I know there had been issues with couples divorcing and splitting the frequent flyer miles. Now, they belong to people regardless of who paid.

RCCL used to allow kids to have the same level as their parents, but now the kids are accruing them and receiving benefits prior to age 18. But even before, you needed to keep their records so that when they were 18, they could get all of their accrued benefits.

DH and I each have our own Captain's Club's accounts. We each accumulate points in our accounts.

I tried to figure out why they go through the hassle of separate accounts and all I can think of is in case of divorce--and even that doesn't make sense.

Frequent travel is usually attached to the person with the slight exception of hotels.A person can get benefits when paying at Marriott, for example, but you can get credit for two rooms maximum even though you obviously aren't using both rooms. But the frequent cruiser programs are just like airline programs - they're attached to the person. I know there had been issues with couples divorcing and splitting the frequent flyer miles. Now, they belong to people regardless of who paid.

RCCL used to allow kids to have the same level as their parents, but now the kids are accruing them and receiving benefits prior to age 18. But even before, you needed to keep their records so that when they were 18, they could get all of their accrued benefits.

I'm not sure you're entirely accurate....

Based on the RCCL Crown and Anchor Website, Member Benefits for Youth Programs it states, "The same member status as parent." So what DH and I have, Baby_G also has. Of course, she's been on three cruises herself (and only 2.5 yrs old!) so she'll be Diamond by herself by the time she's 18. :D

Now, if the C & A website is inaccurate, then I'm sorry.

Thanks!

Lady_ and Baby_G

Archived