Hotels 1 - 3 Hours Away from Port Canaveral

TwoWeebles

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral in February and we are driving from Kentucky. If anyone lives within three hours of Port Canaveral, can you tell me if you recommend any particular hotel to stay in. We are planning to drive most of the way the day before the cruise, but then stop for the night in a hotel that is between 1 and 3 hours away from Port Canaveral (we figured the prices might be cheaper farther away from the port.) We will be traveling south on 75. We will finish the drive in the morning before boarding the ship. We are looking for a decent hotel, but not one that costs more than say $100 or so for the night.

If you look at a map...Brooksville, FL on 75...is 3 hours away from Port Canaveral. I live in that area...and it took me exactly 2 1/2 hours to get to Port Canaveral last April. If you tell me what you look for in a hotel, I can give you some suggestions. You'll probably come down 75...then take the turnpike over to Port Canaveral.

There's the following motels at RT75 and RT 50 on the east side of Hernando County.

Hampton Inn 30301 Cortez Blvd TollFree 800-426-7866

Holiday Inn Express 30455 Cortez Blvd TollFree 1-888 465 4329

Best Western 30307 Cortez Blvd. TollFree 888-568-4060

There's also a Waffle House and a Cracker Barrel there for food.

I live a few miles west of there and as want2seaitall says it takes about 2 1/2 hours to drive to the Cape.

Go east on 50 to the Florida Turnpike (toll road) south to 528 (toll road) east to the Cape.

Follow the directions to your ship.

I was driving in from Texas and changed my mind about staying in Orlando or further away. I booked the Radisson which has free shuttle to the port and free cruise parking for $99 (the online rate) and cancelled my Orlando reservation. Parking at the port is now $15 a day, so decided the free parking was worth it.

There are tons of hotels for less around Orlando. Huge bargains there.

Just a thought.....if you drive all the way through to Port Canaveral you can get a great room for around $100, that includes free parking while on your cruise. Along with free shuttle to the port & back.

You should check out the Florida Ports of call board......there is a thread titled "I work in Port Canaveral"......there's a wealth of info on cruising from Port Canaveral......:)

Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=263

I hope I can help you.

Why don't you consider staying at the Raddison at Port Canavral.

You WILL get a nice room for about $100 dollars and have a free shuttle to the dock, plus a place to leave your car for FREE while you cruise.

We stayed here and were very pleased.

There are other hotels nearby that also offer cruise and park with shuttle and free continental breadkfast.

Don't stay so far away, the excitement of being so close is worth it!

Safe travels.

There's the following motels at RT75 and RT 50 on the east side of Hernando County.

Hampton Inn 30301 Cortez Blvd TollFree 800-426-7866

Holiday Inn Express 30455 Cortez Blvd TollFree 1-888 465 4329

Best Western 30307 Cortez Blvd. TollFree 888-568-4060

There's also a Waffle House and a Cracker Barrel there for food.

I live a few miles west of there and as want2seaitall says it takes about 2 1/2 hours to drive to the Cape.

Go east on 50 to the Florida Turnpike (toll road) south to 528 (toll road) east to the Cape.

Follow the directions to your ship.

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Weeki Wachee resident!

We stayed at the Radisson twice and we really like the place. Love the pool, good bar right there. You can get a special deal and you can park there for free and take the free shuttle to the port. Their restaurant is good for breakfast.

• Administrators
We are cruising out of Port Canaveral in February and we are driving from Kentucky. If anyone lives within three hours of Port Canaveral, can you tell me if you recommend any particular hotel to stay in. We are planning to drive most of the way the day before the cruise, but then stop for the night in a hotel that is between 1 and 3 hours away from Port Canaveral (we figured the prices might be cheaper farther away from the port.) We will be traveling south on 75. We will finish the drive in the morning before boarding the ship. We are looking for a decent hotel, but not one that costs more than say $100 or so for the night.

Hot Deal at the Radisson at the Port, with included parking, $99 for 2/8/09. I wouldn't stay 1-3 hours away if your budget is $100 or so per night.

I also suggest to continue the drive. I know it is long. DD used to live in Frankford, now Richmond. But could save you some money. Compare the Residence Inn and the Country Inn and Suites. Their price includes the hot breakfast buffet, whereas to my understanding Radission has a fee for theirs.

As many others have said, the Raddison is the way to go. If your cruise is 5 days, that's $75 worth of parking right there. Stay at the Raddison with free parking and free shuttle (to and from the ship) for $100. I've done it twice. They also have a fun pool, with waterfalls, if you get there early enough.

Scott

Archived