Spa Pass on the Pearl Well Worth the Price!

Lisalana

My boyfriend and I were on the 11/30 sailing of the Pearl. Overall the trip was outstanding, despite one rainy day in Roatan. We'll be writing a detailed review later this week, but wanted to post about the spa. We both bought the weekly spa pass for $75 and it was worth every penny. You get access to the hydro pool with cool neck massagers, whirlpool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, plunge pool, heated tile recliners and a variety of interesting showers. The spa also has the most amazing views on the ship - it's perched right in the front, above the bridge viewing deck.

For anyone looking for a relaxing way to spend sunsets on the ship, we ighly recommend purchasing this pass. They only sell 100 per ship so the area is never overly crowded. During our trip, there were at most 20 people in the area.

Our only regret is not knowing about this spa pass when we were on the Jewel!

My boyfriend and I were on the 11/30 sailing of the Pearl. Overall the trip was outstanding, despite one rainy day in Roatan. We'll be writing a detailed review later this week, but wanted to post about the spa. We both bought the weekly spa pass for $75 and it was worth every penny. You get access to the hydro pool with cool neck massagers, whirlpool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, plunge pool, heated tile recliners and a variety of interesting showers. The spa also has the most amazing views on the ship - it's perched right in the front, above the bridge viewing deck.

For anyone looking for a relaxing way to spend sunsets on the ship, we ighly recommend purchasing this pass. They only sell 100 per ship so the area is never overly crowded. During our trip, there were at most 20 people in the area.

did you buy thepass right away? Dh and I wantto get the weekly pass also and I have heard about the 100 per. max, just dont want tomiss out, can you bring beverages in with you?

We were on the Jade a few weeks back for a 12-day cruise and we did the Spa pass. Luxury at its best - especially given the cool days that sorta prevented outdoor hot tub use!!

The hours on the Jade were 8AM to 10PM daily. I think there was a 35 couple limit (or 70 singles). We bought it on embarkation day and only missed one day up there. I never witnessed anyone bringing any drinks in so I'm not really sure whether it's "allowed" or not. They do provide tea, juice, water, etc.

Thanks for all the information as we will be sailing on the Pearl in May 09, did you take any pictures that you can post?

When we went on the Dawn we did the spa and the mens area had more than the womens area. :eek: We would definately recommend the spa to everyone. When we purchased it for the entire week they had a special for two people $140.00 total so we each saved $5.00 vs paying $75.00, did they offer that as well on the pearl?

We love the couples spa passes and it's the first thing we do upon boarding- we head directly to the spa and purchases our weekly passes.

IMO it's well worth the $$.........

Never seen anyone bringing beverages into the spa area - it's been our experience that the spa does provide water, juices, etc.

This is really worth it, did it on the Dawn. It's just so relaxing and peaceful. Can't wait til my Pearl Cruise in May!!! ;)

Aren't most of these things free on other cruise lines? I know for a fact that other lines have hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, etc. Princess even has two free infinity pools (long, narrow pools with a current that you can swim against). Perhaps you are getting a little more serenity on NCL due to the price tag, but I don't remember any of these facilities being crowded on other ships (except the hot tubs by the main pool, but the ones in the spa were empty every time I was there).

I know from experience that HAL charges extra to use certain "spa" areas - specifically the thalossotherapy pool, heated tile loungers, etc. We have no problem with the additional charges (either for specialty restaurants, spa passes, etc) - we budget these $$ into our calculations right from the beginning.

Sunni - spa is definitely open during port days and often they offer "specials" that are less $$ than on sea days.....

In some ports, if DH is diving I'm spending the time in the spa...the entire ship is so peaceful with most of the pax on shore. It's like being on your own private very large yacht!

Sunni - spa is definitely open during port days and often they offer "specials" that are less $$ than on sea days.....

In some ports, if DH is diving I'm spending the time in the spa...the entire ship is so peaceful with most of the pax on shore. It's like being on your own private very large yacht!

:) awesome :)

Aren't most of these things free on other cruise lines? I know for a fact that other lines have hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, etc. Princess even has two free infinity pools (long, narrow pools with a current that you can swim against). Perhaps you are getting a little more serenity on NCL due to the price tag, but I don't remember any of these facilities being crowded on other ships (except the hot tubs by the main pool, but the ones in the spa were empty every time I was there).

In my opinion its worth the extra money you pay for use of the facilities. Especially on sea days when its crowded in the non pay areas. Also worth it if its cold or raining outside. It depends on the person if they want to pay extra or not. I would pay.

We purchased the spa pass as soon as we got on the ship, at around 1pm (even before the muster drill!) However, throughout the week, I saw the staff giving tours, so I don't believe it sold out.

We tended to use it in the evening, but I believe it was open daily from 10am - 10pm.

You could also buy a 1 day pass for $20.

We purchased the spa pass as soon as we got on the ship, at around 1pm (even before the muster drill!) However, throughout the week, I saw the staff giving tours, so I don't believe it sold out.

We tended to use it in the evening, but I believe it was open daily from 10am - 10pm.

You could also buy a 1 day pass for $20.

Same as the dawn. To me i wouldnt pay 20.00. $10 is a good price to pay for peace and quiet.

Now when we went on the Gem you could only purchase it on the first day. We went on the 2nd day and they did not allow us to purchase it. Their loss as it was 6 of us. Maybe thats why now you can do the day pass.

If anyone has taken pictures of the one on the pearl i would really appreciate if you posted them. Thanks! :)

It is the same on Princess as NCL. They sell a limited number of passes for the area with the tile loungers, aromatherapy rooms, etc. Similar pricing. The area on the Jewel class ships is outstanding. Amazing views.

I have a question about this. Every time I try to do a search on "Spa" it tells me there are no results!...so anyway, I'm glad I found this thread.

When my bf and I sail on the Dawn in January, we are considering staying on the ship in Samana. I was hoping that we would be able to get a couples massage while in port. I know Carnival typically offers spa specials while the ship is in port and was hoping that NCL does the same. Does anyone have any insight as to the specials NCL might have while in port? We're really trying to decide whether to stay on the ship or get off while in Samana and this might be the deciding factor.

Also, do you have to buy the spa pass (either the one-day pass or the weekly pass) to be able to use spa services like massages, pedicures, etc? Or does the spa pass just grant access to the amenities (hot tubs, sauna, etc.) rather than the services?

While I can only speak for the Pearl, I'm assuming the spa deals are pretty much standard across NCL. I don't recall seeing any deals while in port, but I wasn't looking for any, so could have passed them by in the dailies.

You do not need to buy the pass in order to get massages, manicures, etc. Those charges are separate.

I have a question about this. Every time I try to do a search on "Spa" it tells me there are no results!...so anyway, I'm glad I found this thread.

When my bf and I sail on the Dawn in January, we are considering staying on the ship in Samana. I was hoping that we would be able to get a couples massage while in port. I know Carnival typically offers spa specials while the ship is in port and was hoping that NCL does the same. Does anyone have any insight as to the specials NCL might have while in port? We're really trying to decide whether to stay on the ship or get off while in Samana and this might be the deciding factor.

Also, do you have to buy the spa pass (either the one-day pass or the weekly pass) to be able to use spa services like massages, pedicures, etc? Or does the spa pass just grant access to the amenities (hot tubs, sauna, etc.) rather than the services?

If you want you can either purchase the day pass which they charge you $20.00 pp per day that is just so you can use the spa area. This is not for spa treatments you do not have to purchase the spa day pass to purchase a treatment. Below are some pictures of the spa area that you can use with your Day pass for the spa. Or you can buy the weekly spa pass and it comes out cheaper than buying a daily day pass. Example 7 days at $20.00 is $140.00 vs $75.00 for the entire week if you purchase the week pass. If you buy one for you and your significant other they had a special total for 2 people $140.00 so you save an additional $10.00 if you do it that way.

IMG_2229.jpg.ec98aae433f64eb2512b56ebb0342576.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg.943ab458f03650d22668d9300b4b8da5.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg.ee2030b9c5938a13532040f28d6d879c.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg.3c49725042cfdf3f0379542916008d93.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg.4e596f1e65897e918aa53544fd3b638c.jpg

While I can only speak for the Pearl, I'm assuming the spa deals are pretty much standard across NCL. I don't recall seeing any deals while in port, but I wasn't looking for any, so could have passed them by in the dailies.

You do not need to buy the pass in order to get massages, manicures, etc. Those charges are separate.

Did you take any pictures of the spa area on the Pearl?

When we were on the Jade last month, they always had 20% off on port days for services. They also run some kind of specials every day.

As stated, the spa pass is not needed. The spa pass is to get you into the therapy pool area, with (at least on the Jade) a steam room, sauna, hot tubs, tropical/ice showers (very cool thing, BTW), and, in the coed room, the heated stone recliners and the actually therapy pool with a great view.

Archived